Home

Old 04-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Why All the negative Vibes?

G i think its all about what NCAA has released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #42
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I think a possible part of some of the negativity is...Ian hasn't been around much the last few weeks. Been kinda busy I bet.

Seems when Ian has the chance to be pretty active, the boards vibe is more positive. Maybe it's just that people feel more assured about things when he's around.
Funny thing about that is that it should be the opposite. I feel more assured knowing that he's hard at work tuning the game, instead of here on these boards all the time. Not seeing him around means that things are getting done to make Madden 10 the best possible game.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 24

It's human nature. More people see the glass as half empty, than half full.
And, in fairness to those people, EA hasn't exactly brought down the room with its past four "next-gen" Maddens, so many are just going on past precedent.
Until the game drops, the negativity will remain.
It's only when guys get a week or so with the game will it either stay or go.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #44
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
How?

How is that even possible when more info has been released at this point then ever before around this time of year?

I'm confused right now.

After community day, the level quality feedback dropped. Most of the threads I've been reading are about things that have nothing to do with improving the upcoming release.

I don't know...

I mean, we're all grown here. I'm not trying to tell people what to do. My only point is, now is the time to get it fixed. Whatever it is you didn't like, here's your chance to get that addressed. Don't piss & moan after the game comes out, because this year the community has a hand in how the final product turns out as well...that means we're all responsible. No blame games.

I guess I'd like to see the focus go back to development.

...like a cohesive unit, of cohesiveness...lol
I have to disagree with this. It's nobody's fault but the Dev Team if they game doesn't turn out how we (and the devs) want it. Nor is it the 8 peoples fault who went to CD. They had less than 24 hours with it and I'm sure they gave good feedback. The devs have had months to implement and polish the game. We're not the ones getting paid to make it so I don't see how we're at all responsible for how this game turns out. I know it's not because of bad feedback, the devs got all they could of asked for and then some.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #45
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
Trust? I thought that trust had to be earned? Has Madden earned your trust over the past several years? I am confused. Many of you have posted your frustrations with the previous Madden games, and now you are convinced that Madden 10 will be a great game. EA employees have promised things for years. What makes this year any different? Is it because you feel a connection with some of the EA employees now?

I hope that it is a great game, but for me to think that Madden 10 will be a big difference from previous Madden games is a bit naive. I do trust one thing though. I trust that EA will utilize everything, and everyone at their disposal to market their game. That I do trust.

Anyway, I do respect your opinion, and your ability to promote Madden 10 prior to any game play videos.
I'll be honest Murry, theres apart of me that wants to completely agree with your post. And you've made some points that are pretty difficult to dispute. If not nearly impossible.

But myself....I've decided to go along for the ride this year. [again] Imo...the guy running the show, does seem to actually care about how the game will be received. And there does seem to be at least written evidents of an improved game. You are absolutely right though...the game play videos is were the rubber meets the road.

I don't blame you at all for feeling as you do. But myself...I've decided to trust at least one more time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
It's human nature. More people see the glass as half empty, than half full.
And, in fairness to those people, EA hasn't exactly brought down the room with its past four "next-gen" Maddens, so many are just going on past precedent.
Until the game drops, the negativity will remain.
It's only when guys get a week or so with the game will it either stay or go.
For $60 on a $400 system, I want that glass totally full, with little gold flakes floating in whatever's in the glass.

I think you're right, though. There have been so many empty promises from this label over the last 5 years that people will look for reasons to be skeptical. I think that's okay, because it's performance-based; if the last few Maddens weren't sub-par, then it wouldn't be such an issue.

This year is put up or shut up time, I think. If the team puts up, then once people get the game, the problem will abate. I know I'll rent it, and if it's a good football game, I'll be on here posting in "the little things thread" ASAP. If it's not good, I'll be in the wishlist forum ASAP and will continue playing APF and The Show till next year.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #47
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Funny thing about that is that it should be the opposite. I feel more assured knowing that he's hard at work tuning the game, instead of here on these boards all the time. Not seeing him around means that things are getting done to make Madden 10 the best possible game.
Great point G2.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #48
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I really think you read into that way wrong. I've been a 2k player, but also played Madden.

Please, point me where I stated that the previous next generation Maddens have been up to par. I was bored with the presentation level with 09, just a boring game to play.

The trust comes from a new development team and to a new man in charge. I don't take a blind eye to the past Maddens, but I like the direction from the new team with interaction since late in the process with 09.

Ian and company haven't disappointed, yet, so, at what point have they disappointed you?

I respect your opinion as well.
You say that Ian and company have not disappointed you yet? Have you played Madden 10 yet? If not, then how do you know that it will be different from the last several games? I am also curious to know of something that Ian has implemented in previous Madden games that is working correctly?

I like the direction that they claim they are headed in, but I need more than talk. We all know that Ian and company have worked on previous Madden games, and I am not convinced that they are as good as they portray themselves to be (I hope I am wrong).

I will remain disappointed until I have played a great Madden 10 game. I am not doubting your ability to determine what the future may hold, I am just doubtful that Madden will be as good as Ian and company are leading us to believe. I hope that I am wrong, but I have not been wrong over the past several years (in regards to Madden).

And you are correct; I did not read anything that indicated that you believe that Madden is where it should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »