Home

twitter hints at improved blocking!

This is a discussion on twitter hints at improved blocking! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #17
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: twitter hints at improved blocking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Actually, Adaptive AI is supposed to be useful in head-to-head play as well:
I guess my rebuttal to this would be that I don't expect the players to simply ignore the plays that are being called in the huddle. So if Mike was hypothetically calling pass coverages the entire game, then I don't expect for the players to ignore what's being called in spite of the play recognition rating. From the entire context of the blog, it would seem the bulk of Adaptive AI is there to benefit the CPU playcalling with some emphasis on head-to-head games. But I understand what you're saying .
Old 04-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #18
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I guess my rebuttal to this would be that I don't expect the players to simply ignore the plays that are being called in the huddle. So if Mike was hypothetically calling pass coverages the entire game, then I don't expect for the players to ignore what's being called in spite of the play recognition rating. From the entire context of the blog, it would seem the bulk of Adaptive AI is there to benefit the CPU playcalling with some emphasis on head-to-head games. But I understand what you're saying .
The way it effects head to head is through ratings boosts. If you run slant after slant against the left CB, eventually the left CB will start getting a boost to play recognition whenever you run a slant on him.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
i thought adaptive AI meant that if BJ was running all over you the LB's or DB's would realize this and keep their eyes on him.. that they would learn that he's running all the time and start breaking on the plays. BJ will never run for 300 in real life... NEVER.

I thought the same as well.
Your not the only one. Maybe I mis-understood the Adaptive AI?
Any-one on here, mainly the community peeps shed some light perhaps?............well that's if they can.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Thanks...and I respect what you're saying, but I don't think that Mike, who is one of the developers, would be calling pass coverage after pass coverage when Jacobs is running up and down the field on him. At least I would hope that one of the developers would know better than to do that.

It sounds to me like Adaptive AI just isn't where they need it to be yet. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out in the next 5 weeks. After all, what good is Adaptive AI if it allows a running back to gain over 300 yards? That would be like allowing a QB to pass for over 600 yards in a game, IMO. If that's happening when the game is released (and hopefully it won't be), then I'd have to say it's back to the drawing board with the whole Adaptive AI thing.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:
307 yards and 6 TD's for a running back? I guess the new Adaptive AI isn't quite where they'd like it to be yet.
Those are paltry numbers compared to running backs in APF and that game is released, hell EC would rush for 300+ a game for me.

I think with 3-4 weeks to tune it might turn out ok.

EDIT: Meant weeks not months

Last edited by Danimal; 04-20-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
I think with 3-4 months to tune it might turn out ok.
I hope so, Dan...I really do. Actually, though, Ian or Phil said in an EA Live show the Friday before last that they were down to the final 6 weeks (which sounds right, when you consider the leadway needed to go gold). If that was the case, then we're down to the last 5 weeks or so for tuning. I'm with you, though...hopefully it gets tuned.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #23
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I hope so, Dan...I really do. Actually, though, Ian or Phil said in an EA Live show the Friday before last that they were down to the final 6 weeks (which sounds right, when you consider the leadway needed to go gold). If that was the case, then we're down to the last 5 weeks or so for tuning. I'm with you, though...hopefully it gets tuned.
Can I ask a stupid question? What does "going gold" mean (assuming a sales thing). And does going gold mean you stop making changes? I've read this phrase in a few posts but I'm not sure what it means.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #24
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I meant weeks.

Still the telling stat that is missing is number of carries. To me it seems not only should the running game be tuned but if there was a large amount of carries that fatigue should be tuned as well. (Before giants fans jump on me I know he gets better as the game goes on)

Plus MY is an art guy and we all know that art department guys have as much knowledge about stopping the run as kickers do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »