Home

What is YOUR definition of "Sim" Football?

This is a discussion on What is YOUR definition of "Sim" Football? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is YOUR definition of "Sim" Football?

I roll out and pass from time to time, but only because the pocket is so damned lame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
*Crickets*

Crickets are not sim.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Where did the term 'Sim' originally come from? It comes from the first, and probably the most, in-depth 'video game' ever made, Microsoft Flight Simulator (it wasn't really a video game. Very boring if your 9 years old). It intended to replicate the act of flying on a home computer. It was crude, with poor graphics, but the technology ended up advancing and eventually lead to being used in the training of pilots.

Sim means simulation. A replication of NFL football. Just make it look like the NFL. So when I play you, and I ask if you are sim, all I am asking is if you make it Resemble the NFL. Just try.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #28
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

sim football is madden 04
Old 04-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #29
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
RE: your signature

Rap music is not sim.
Ok and your point is?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Sim is a game in which you are faced with the same choices NFL coaches and players are faced with and must make decisions in the same manor as well. It is as close to a perfect recreation of NFL football as possible without forcing me to run 3-a days throughout August.

This is the only other answer that gets it right. It isn't any one thing. It isn't a QB rolling out. It isn't having to punt on 4th down. Its all of this and everything in between. Its managing an NFL team, from the top down to the smallest detail. Its making the decisions an NFL owner, a Head Coach, a star RB and a first round draft pick would make. Its knowing that if you run the same 5 plays, you wouldn't last 3 weeks in the NFL. At the same time, its knowing if you didn't go with what works, you'll be hammered on all week long. Its about being more than just a game.

It's about being so in-depth, and so fun, that you bring in fans who might never have known the game if not for Madden. Its about being so precise that a junkie could spend 15 hours in a day drafting, training, signing, and managing players, and never spend a minute on the field.

Its about 3rd and 6th. The opponents been blitzing his LeftLB all day. Shifting your formation so the 2TE's cover the left, your star WR lined up tight on a cross, and you know you can roll out and hit him in stride for the first down because that's how the game is played. If you get single coverage, throw a lob to that big target.. If the are pressing, calling play action. Strategy. And hell, if rolling out and chucking it up to that 6'5 WR works, then keep doing it. But I should be able to counter act that. My men should see it coming, they are professional athletes, after all.

Sim means Simulation. And it should be on the designers of the game to make the player play as close to this as possible. Can you take a 747 for a nose dive and do a flip at the last second? Or would the plane crash and burn?

Last edited by tmulk; 04-20-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #31
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Ok and your point is?

Having a point is not sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #32
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcreeper
sim football is madden 04
I think Maddn 2005 was more sim. Defensive Playmaker. 2005 was BEAST. ...i wonder why...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »