Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #81
Banned
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

I personally think the comparison should be players rated 90+ to 90+. I do not notice that much of a difference from a player rated 92 to one rated 98.

I think the rating difference needs to be over 10 points to notice that much of a difference unless there is some other rating other then the OVR that is making a huge difference.

PlayerA - speed 83 OVR 93
PlayerB - speed 99 OVR 98

I would see a difference between these two players. However, even if it was reversed I would rather have the faster player.

PlayerA speed 83 OVR 98
PlayerB speed 99 OVR 93

In this case I would still want playerB. So, unless there is some major change speed will rule the overall rating unless there is a HUGE difference between the two.

PlayerA speed 83 OVR 99
PlayerB speed 99 OVR 57

In this case I would more then likely prefer playerA but the OVR difference would need to be say ~18+ point difference for me to go with the slower player.

Bottom line, speed has always been more important for certain positions in past Maddens for the OVR to mean that much. So, other rating would need to have more meaning then speed for the OVR to mean that much. With that in mind I think comparing the players rated OVR 90 and higher would need to be compared from Madden 09 to Madden 10 to have a good feel of the difference.

All of this is assuming your playing the games and not simming.
stux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #82
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Read my post above that^^^

Shaun Rogers
Sorry I was slow about that letting you beat me to the punch. Shaun is close but I dont know, I had him on my list as a 93. He is definitely one of the top 2 or 3 DTs in the league and when he goes all out he can play as a guy pushing 99. His work ethic isn't always there though making it hard for me to rate him above 95 unless there is an actual "motor" or "cosistant effort" type rating to reflect this.
kcarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #83
MVP
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Colts country!
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
My bad I misunderstood...I do see your point, though the chargers don't get to choose who they play they did have a pretty easy season last year even though we a few of our games in the last minutes/seconds of the game. Rivers did put up over 300 yards in a game aganist the steelers.

Even the colts with the great peyton manning had only 5 games with 300 plus yards and most of them were with sub-par defenses. (Jags,Lions,Chargers,houston,vikings)

But i'm not challenging peyton's abilities because everyone knows he is a HOF QB. I'm just going on last season that based on stats that were put up. You can't put rivers to the side because we had the worst pass defense in the league or because we had a easy scedule.

On madden 10 I hope he's at least 5th at least the 6th reguardless of the who they played. You got peyton, brady, brees, rothlisberger, warner, and then rivers. Even though when its all said and done the 2 in front of him doesn't compare on paper from last season.

Just because I think he's top 5 doesn't mean I think he's greater than the other QB's that have won a superbowl.

Where would you place him based off a last season? Give me a top 10?

peyton
brees
brady bunch
rothlisburger (since he won the SB)
who?
who?
who?
who?
who?
who?
1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Warner

^^95+ OVR^^


5. Roethlisberger(I think he should be 90 but will probably be 92-94)

6. Rivers(I see him as better than Roethlisberger but he didn't win the SB so he won't be rated higher, 91-92)

7. Cassel( IMO does not deserve to be up here but EA will go off of last season so he will be 90)

8. McNabb(87-90)

9. Pennington(86-90)

10. Rodgers(86-88)

^^Top Ten QBs^^


Matt Ryan barely missed the cut I would put him 84-86 in this years Madden....
__________________
PSN:GOLDENxEYE

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Brandon_c993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #84
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Sorry I was slow about that letting you beat me to the punch. Shaun is close but I dont know, I had him on my list as a 93. He is definitely one of the top 2 or 3 DTs in the league and when he goes all out he can play as a guy pushing 99. His work ethic isn't always there though making it hard for me to rate him above 95 unless there is an actual "motor" or "cosistant effort" type rating to reflect this.
You made a list for moments like this haha? Do you have all 32 teams done or just who you feel is highly rated?

I would have to agree that he doesnt seem to have that motor but maybe he should have lowered stamina(sp) and better stats so when he does play at full wind he is amazing but he doesnt last that long.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #85
Rookie
 
shad_moss93's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

No love for DeAngelo Williams
__________________
Florida State | Carolina Panthers | LA Lakers
shad_moss93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #86
MVP
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Colts country!
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
No love for DeAngelo Williams
DeAngelo Williams 93-95 there is some love for him...
__________________
PSN:GOLDENxEYE

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Brandon_c993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #87
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
No love for DeAngelo Williams
Ive said this before. This man is an absolute beast IRL. In madden...Not so much. IRL he has good moves lets say in the 90s but thats just juke and spin. But what is not portrayed in madden is his balance. He is one of the hardest players to bring down to the ground because he has a great center of balance. Maybe they would give him extremely high elusiveness to represent this but then he only has average truck/stiff arm with good carry and vision. I put him in the 90s but its hard to say he is a "complete" back in the 95+ range like maybe AD or healthy LT in the past(I think AD take a big hit overall because he may have 60ish carry Donny talked about this before)
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #88
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
You made a list for moments like this haha? Do you have all 32 teams done or just who you feel is highly rated?

I would have to agree that he doesnt seem to have that motor but maybe he should have lowered stamina(sp) and better stats so when he does play at full wind he is amazing but he doesnt last that long.
I have been putting together a list with my opinions on players whenever they come up. Mostly just top players or highly discussed players. That way when lists like this need to be made I have something to go off of.

Stamina could help deal with this as long as it is properly implemented which they say it will be. That could be a good compromise for this one.
kcarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Top -