Home

Madden Player Ratings (09)

This is a discussion on Madden Player Ratings (09) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

[quote=Americas Team1;2039456786]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr

Ok so since Americas Team hasn't won a playoff game in 12 years all their players should be rated bad in madden
No, but their OVERALL team rating should be NO higher than a Lowto a Lower-mid 80. They have proved over the last 3 yrs that buying talent and HOPING it pans out does not work.

They are NOT physical, they show no heart and then cry about it. Their new ratings should reflect what they ARE not what they HOPE they can be.

Sorry, had to take my jabs at the Girlz.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #122
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i dont think anyone should be 90+ because no one can do everything best from their position.

P. Manning is good but a 95 says he is god, he is my favorite player but with out the pieces he has in place on the colts he would be very 80-85 so i think we should chill with this stuff.

95 says he can do everything from the Qb position possible but realistically he cant.

he is not as fast as vick or young. he is not as witty or( careless) as farve. he is not as creative as Big Ben.

my point is yes he is accurate and very good but a 95 is too much, players do what they do because of the identity of their team not godly abilities that a madden 95 represent.
Peyton Manning is the best pure pocket passer the game has ever seen, likely. He doesn't need to be as fast as Vick, "creative" as Big Ben, or wreckless like Favre(which is a VERY,VERY good thing).

Peyton Manning does what he does because he is just that good. Period.

Look at the stats, he MAKES recievers, not the other way around. When Favre had that spectacular year a couple years back(when he was in the MVP running in his last year with the pack) he was garbage. His recievers had the most YAC out of the entire league. What that means is that he was dinking and dunking. Manning is NEVER near the top of the league in that category because he can pick you apart DOWN THE FIELD without the need of ultra-talented physical specimens at reciever. Just give him someone who can run a route and catch(ala Harrison/Wayne) and he's leading the league in touchdowns and yards almost consistently.

Brady can do the same, but not at the same level(though I'd put him on Manning's level just for the fact that he can close a game that way and do it consistently).

A QB is supposed to manage a game and get the ball to recievers. Does Peyton Manning not do both of those things better than anyone in the league?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #123
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
damn skippy cause dey overrated.....6 national televised games THEY DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS....who'd jerry jones pay-off for that one....and ya'll treat HOMO like a f-ing GOD tell him to get his head outta tha clouds and win some important games before he goes hollywood again anytime soon....HOMO is in no way better than Eli and im not a giants fan so plz dont use that as an excuse to why i think Eli's better....ya'll havent meet expectations in 20yrs. COWGIRLS are ridiculous....ya'll are the yankees of football thinking money can make a good team....plz....im done
Eli better than Romo in every way? I think the stats beg to differ.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #124
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Magic
Peyton Manning is the best pure pocket passer the game has ever seen, likely.
Hmm... I know a few 'Phins fans that might have an argument here

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 4

99s(remember studs wont be affected as much):
Reed
Asomugha
Fitz
Manning
Brady

Close to 99:
Harrison
Ware
AP
Brees
Ryan Clady(he deserves it)
Polamalu
Moss
Tony G
Willis

any1 else???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #126
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Eli better than Romo in every way? I think the stats beg to differ.

BRING THA STATS
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #127
Pro

jp7588's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
BRING THA STATS

QB1 COMP|ATT | % |Yds |AVG|TD|INT|Sck| Sckyds| Rate
TOTAL 831 |1,307|63.6|10,562| 8.1|81| 46| 65 | 423 | 94.7

39 career starts

QB2 COMP|ATT | % |Yds |AVG|TD|INT|Sck | Sckyds| Rate
TOTAL 1,276 |2,284| 55.9 | 14,623| 6.4| 98| 74| 120| 844 | 76.1

71 career starts

I left the names out. Which is better?

QB2's stats might be kinda hard to read... I'm not any good at that kinda stuff : P

Last edited by jp7588; 04-21-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: woops
Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #128
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
QB1 COMP|ATT | % |Yds |AVG|TD|INT|Sck| Sckyds| Rate
TOTAL 831 |1,307|63.6|10,562| 8.1|81| 46| 65 | 423 | 94.7

39 career starts

QB2 COMP|ATT | % |Yds |AVG|TD|INT|Sck | Sckyds| Rate
TOTAL 1,276 |2,284| 55.9 | 14,623| 6.4| 98| 74| 120| 844 | 76.1

71 career starts

I left the names out. Which is better?

QB2's stats might be kinda hard to read... I'm not any good at that kinda stuff : P
well to be fair NY wanted Eli's head until the superbowl run where he turned into one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL. If I had to choose one player to be my qb it would be Eli no matter what the stats say because he has won a championship and he has improved tremendously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »