Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #129
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Hmm... I know a few 'Phins fans that might have an argument here
Oh, they definitely do.

If you wanna make an argument for best QB as far as stats will tell you(and reciever YAC will tell you a lot about a QB, believe it) then the Marino and Manning are the only ones that really come close to each other.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #130

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Eli better than Romo in every way? I think the stats beg to differ.
I believe romo is a better QB than eli in some ways, but he has yet to prove himself when it matters. Eli had a pretty great drive in the superbowl to take the lead where romo would have probably over thrown T.O. in the last TD to pretty much win the game with like under a minute to go.

He didn't break down like some probably would have cough, cough romo cough, cough.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #131
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
sounds good Donny, but personally I'd like to see that even significantly lower. Maybe to an average of one per team or less. 95+ imo should be Pro Bowl every season first ballot HoF worthy.
I agree. To me 99 is Manning, Brady, Rice, Lawrence Taylor, Warren Sapp, etc...those that are the elite of their position. I think 95 is Antonio Gates, Fitz, Merriman...those guys. I don't know f that makes sense, but that's how I look at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #132
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I believe romo is a better QB than eli in some ways, but he has yet to prove himself when it matters. Eli had a pretty great drive in the superbowl to take the lead where romo would have probably over thrown T.O. in the last TD to pretty much win the game with like under a minute to go.

He didn't break down like some probably would have cough, cough romo cough, cough.
Fair enough. So far Romo has played in two playoff games. Against the Seahawks he played fairly well and should have won if not for the bobbled snap, which I don't think should reflect poorly on his abilities as a QB. And against the Giants, who went on to win the superbowl behind their insane pass rush, he had a sub par game.

I put more stock in a player's overall body of work than their performance in 2 games.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #133

SouthernBrick's Arena

If you had to choose between Eli or Romo in the last seconds of the superbowl who would you choose jp7588?

Romo who has failed 2 or 3 times in important games to get to a superbowl?

or

Eli who actually had a great drive in a superbowl before?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #134
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
QB1 COMP|ATT | % |Yds |AVG|TD|INT|Sck| Sckyds| Rate
TOTAL 831 |1,307|63.6|10,562| 8.1|81| 46| 65 | 423 | 94.7

39 career starts

QB2 COMP|ATT | % |Yds |AVG|TD|INT|Sck | Sckyds| Rate
TOTAL 1,276 |2,284| 55.9 | 14,623| 6.4| 98| 74| 120| 844 | 76.1

71 career starts

I left the names out. Which is better?

QB2's stats might be kinda hard to read... I'm not any good at that kinda stuff : P

QB1's stats are better but key point career starts....when Romo has 71 under his belt then we can compare
Quote:

the only way i see Romo being better is mobility and release time PERIOD

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 04-21-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #135

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Fair enough. So far Romo has played in two playoff games. Against the Seahawks he played fairly well and should have won if not for the bobbled snap, which I don't think should reflect poorly on his abilities as a QB. And against the Giants, who went on to win the superbowl behind their insane pass rush, he had a sub par game.

I put more stock in a player's overall body of work than their performance in 2 games.
Ok...Just making sure were on the same page. I'm not bashing him or anything and eli did not have the best stats in the SB but when it mattered he came threw and its not one of tony's best attributes. Great QB just gotta be consistant though. Iv'e stated this many times threw out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 08:44 PM   #136
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
If you had to choose between Eli or Romo in the last seconds of the superbowl who would you choose jp7588?

Romo who has failed 2 or 3 times in important games to get to a superbowl?

or

Eli who actually had a great drive in a superbowl before?
I'd pick the guy who has "been there, done that". I'd still take Romo in a 16 game season. He's not the reason, in my opinion, Dallas hasn't met expectations the past few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »