Home

Madden Player Ratings (09)

This is a discussion on Madden Player Ratings (09) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #145
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Maybe the catch was luck or skill. It doesn't matter thats football. If Eli didn't score a TD its over and they lose. But he didn't fold under pressure. Romo has not played well under pressure. Period.

Have you read the entire convo on this subject?
He definitely deserves credit. He did what he had to do to win, that's all that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #146
Rookie

Quote:
Obviously...I think we know that!!! How is the question pointless? Didn't eli throw the winning TD to take the lead in the SB aganist the Pats?!?! My whole point was to point out if you had to choose between a proven QB and a non proven QB in important situations.

Prove to me how that question is pointless?

because their are 10 other guys on the field who have to do their job correctly if you have any chance to succeed

then bringing up a "great" drive which really wasn't that great, and throwing a TD pass Andys grandmother could have made... half way through that season Giants fans still wanted Eli out, he played solid ball in that postseason, but it doesn't make him "proven"... it was a pointless statement
Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #147

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
He definitely deserves credit. He did what he had to do to win, that's all that matters.
I mean you can clearly see once he stuck it to his helmet he held it there intentionally. A unlikely catch but, a catch none the less.

Mr. Andy i'm still waiting to hear if that question was pointless or not?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #148

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Have you read all of my other statements between the 2 QB's? I'm not stating that one is completely better than the other i'm just simply stating that from what I have seen Eli would have a better chance in a clutch situation than Romo obviously.

Which would lead me to picking Eli over Romo. Its my Opinion not like i'm stating facts about there touchdowns to interception ratio.

Edit:Also its the defense's fault if the pass was easy. Eli seen a easy pass and took it, wow bad decision on his part.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 04-21-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #149
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by statpacker8351
99s(remember studs wont be affected as much):
Reed
Asomugha
Fitz
Manning
Brady

Close to 99:
Harrison
Ware
AP
Brees
Ryan Clady(he deserves it)
Polamalu
Moss
Tony G
Willis

any1 else???
Andre Johnson....
Old 04-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #150
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Have you read all of my other statements between the 2 QB's? I'm not stating that one is completely better than the other i'm just simply stating that from what I have seen Eli would have a better chance in a clutch situation than Romo obviously.

Which would lead me to picking Eli over Romo. Its my Opinion not like i'm stating facts about there touchdowns to interception ratio.

Edit:Also its the defense's fault if the pass was easy. Eli seen a easy pass and took it, wow bad decision on his part.

man some of these fools on OS are thick as a brick.....and they always seem to comment before they read all previous statements...lol
Old 04-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #151
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
man some of these fools on OS are thick as a brick.....and they always seem to comment before they read all previous statements...lol
excuse Andy for not reading through a 15 page thread, but scrolling through, this nonsense
Quote:
If you had to choose between Eli or Romo in the last seconds of the superbowl who would you choose jp7588?

Romo who has failed 2 or 3 times in important games to get to a superbowl?

or

Eli who actually had a great drive in a superbowl before?
caught Andys eye

Football is the ultimate team sport, and one could have Charlie Frye behind center and can get the job done if the other 10 guys do what they are supposed to, and 1 or 2 of those 10 guys makes a play above and beyond.. Where as one could have Tom Brady behind center, and the left tackle gets beat, and the play doesn't stand a chance.. pointless question
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 2

I also believe Romo is the better QB when it comes down to an arguement between him or Eli. I do not believe that two playoff games is enough to judge whether a player is a success or failure in the crunch time. There have been plenty of games that Romo has succeeded in NFL games during the regular season when the ball was in his hand and he had to win it. People forget such games as the one against the lions in 07, Ny Giants in 07 i believe, and buffalo (which he sucked that whole game) in 07. There are probly more that i am forgetting but he had to win those games with his arm. Just because he hasnt won a playoff game yet doesnt mean he isnt a good QB. And just because Eli manning won a super bowl doesnt make him a better QB. If super bowl wins is what you wanna go by then i guess eli is a better QB than dan marino.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »