Home

Madden Player Ratings (09)

This is a discussion on Madden Player Ratings (09) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
well it is....what it is (in your eyes)....donny said at most 50 wasnt completely accurate tho....perk that list up brah....17 is way too slim
That is my list. I don't really think there is 50 95+ rated guys in todays NFL. Most RB's are sharing time. CB's are no where near how they used to be. QB's are very good in a NFL that penalizes any touching of a WR. I am a Seahawk fan and I thought that even Walter Jones was stretching it for a 95+ because of his age but O-Line age is different from skill positions.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

i want steve smith in the HOF, by far the most explosive player i've ever seen with the ball in his hands. he's the wr i dream of forcing my son into playing like =P
Old 04-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
i want steve smith in the HOF, by far the most explosive player i've ever seen with the ball in his hands. he's the wr i dream of forcing my son into playing like =P
That was great
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
That was great
=| bring your kid too. we can do this man! *plots scheme*

whats up with the guy downgrading guys on account of age or team? i know that this use to be the way madden did it since not many played online (had to predict using factors), but nowadays i think we can just go off talent alone.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #45
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
That is my list. I don't really think there is 50 95+ rated guys in todays NFL. Most RB's are sharing time. CB's are no where near how they used to be. QB's are very good in a NFL that penalizes any touching of a WR. I am a Seahawk fan and I thought that even Walter Jones was stretching it for a 95+ because of his age but O-Line age is different from skill positions.

i can agree wit those points but from a marketing standpoint players need 95+ ratings and it's a representation of a superstar....not to meantion players can barely touch a QB without getting a penality

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
whats up with the guy downgrading guys on account of age or team? i know that this use to be the way madden did it since not many played online (had to predict using factors), but nowadays i think we can just go off talent alone.

did that cause that's how it is...the older you get the more ware and tare your body accumulates....therfor you dont play like you use to....and wasnt jugding calvin based on his team he just simply wont get a 95+ rating i think....the whole team part was from my personal aspect....even tho i cant see Larry Fitzgerald play every sunday i still kno he's a beast....basically where the team/national exposure aspect came from

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 04-20-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #46

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Aight so Imma show ya'll how many elite players were in last yrs. madden. (95 + rating)

95 - 23 players
96 - 20 players
97 - 20 players
98 - 10 players
and
99 - 8 players

How different do you think this yrs. madden will be and who do you think deserves these ratings?

My Bucs prolly wont have any players in this category....dammit tighten up Bucs

I'm usually not to good at lists, but Rivers I think is one that deserves a 95+ rating. Alot of people don't give him credit for what he's done this season with LT being busted up last season.

If you compare his stats to brees, peyton, warner, rothlisberger, etc. his stats from passer rating to touchdown interception ratio is alot better than most. Of course no one is beating brees in yards though.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #47
Rookie

Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

idk, all the times i watched phillip play, i never felt anything great about him. decent arm, makes the right throws, but wasn't an all-world player imo. i felt his rating was boosted from taking sacks instead of throwing it away, or checking down on third and long... mostly the third down thing
Old 04-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #48
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Charles Woodson is an example of a player that has actually played the best ball of his career the past couple years.This does happen.

Some players will get the rating just because of his name, like Urlacher.Briggs has been better for a couple years yet Urlacher is always rewarded with a few points higher.

I don't know of any defensive ends that bring a more fearsome pass rush than Freeney.He is elite as his position with only Mario Williams,Jared Allen and maybe Julius Peppers deserving maybe a point higher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »