Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #49
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Charles Woodson is an example of a player that has actually played the best ball of his career the past couple years.This does happen.

Some players will get the rating just because of his name, like Urlacher.Briggs has been better for a couple years yet Urlacher is always rewarded with a few points higher.

I don't know of any defensive ends that bring a more fearsome pass rush than Freeney.He is elite as his position with only Mario Williams,Jared Allen and maybe Julius Peppers deserving maybe a point higher.
That was some quick editing haha I was just about to bring up the last two Peppers and Allen are also among the elite DEs.

@ iBlievN5
If I had a kid I would def take part in converting them into Steve Smith players

How scary is it to think that Percy Harvin could very well be the next Smith?
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #50
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

idk if anyone attacks the ball in the air like sir steve, let alone harvin lol.
iBlievN5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #51
9.17.13
 
SouthernBrick's Arena
 
OVR: 42
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Not even on the map. Really, it isn't. =/
Posts: 5,853
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
idk, all the times i watched phillip play, i never felt anything great about him. decent arm, makes the right throws, but wasn't an all-world player imo. i felt his rating was boosted from taking sacks instead of throwing it away, or checking down on third and long... mostly the third down thing
If you take sacks instead of throwing a interception then your doing better than just launching it and giving it to the other team.

Well i'd say thats called being a good QB, he's not exactly great yet but he's gettin there. Going by the last season which madden stats always go by last season unless your already a HOF like peyton or brady. Philip is a 95+ star kind of guy if not just 95. He is at least 95. He didn't make it to the superbowl. But he had a better stats than both the QB's in the superbowl last season.

Warners completion rating was a bit higher I believe by like 1 point something percent. I just hope that 105.5 passer rating is getting some love.

Rivers is at least a top 5 QB based on the stats based off last season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
One out of 7 billion, and we still tagged your ***.
SouthernBrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #52
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
If you take sacks instead of throwing a interception then your doing better than just launching it and giving it to the other team.

Well i'd say thats called being a good QB, he's not exactly great yet but he's gettin there. Going by the last season which madden stats always go by last season unless your already a HOF like peyton or brady. Philip is a 95+ star kind of guy if not just 95. He is at least 95. He didn't make it to the superbowl. But he had a better stats than both the QB's in the superbowl last season.

Warners completion rating was a bit higher I believe by like 1 point something percent. I just hope that 105.5 passer rating is getting some love.

Rivers is at least a top 5 QB based on the stats based off last season.
i said throw it away not into triple coverage (brett favre, what?), and like i said, he's solid, and put up great stats, but i never felt he was the reason for the wins or that he was an irreplaceable cog in the machine. case-in-point, the chargers had the worst pass defense in the league last season, and when you give up pass yards it extends the game and provides your offense with the ball a lot in passing situations (down by points), mr. rivers still had only 5 300 yd games, all of which were against sub-par defenses (NE, DEN, KC (x2), and NO).
iBlievN5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #53
Rookie
 
thecougarbear's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

For the sake of argument, I am going to compile the same list for where Madden's rankings stood ten years ago in Madden 2000. Honestly, the ratings have grown exponentially to the point where being an "elite" player in Madden means almost nothing.

95 - 5 players (Larry Allen, Jason Sehorn, Leon Searcy, Antonio Freeman, John Randle)

96 - 8 players (Jason Elam, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Jamal Anderson, Mike Anderson, Brett Favre, Chad Hentrich, R. McDaniel)

97 - 7 players (Terrel Davis, Aneas Williams, Zach Thomas, Bryant Young, William Roaf, Levon Kirkland, Randy Moss)

98 - 7 players (Bruce Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Warren Sapp, E. Swann, T. Boselli, L. Butler, Gary Anderson)

99 - 3 players (Barry Sanders, M. Turk, D. Dawson)

100 - 2 players (Mike Alstott, Deon Sanders)

That is 32 players over 95. 13 teams had no one over 95, and 5 teams had no one over 90. The game, despite all of its obvious shortcomings when complared to Madden 10 years later, still simulates statistics better, and the franchise mode is still more fun to simulate through and build a team than 2008 or 2009 was.

32 players over 95 sounds good to me.
thecougarbear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 AM   #54
MVP
 
seriousluboy83's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Athens Of Florida
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
For the sake of argument, I am going to compile the same list for where Madden's rankings stood ten years ago in Madden 2000. Honestly, the ratings have grown exponentially to the point where being an "elite" player in Madden means almost nothing.

95 - 5 players (Larry Allen, Jason Sehorn, Leon Searcy, Antonio Freeman, John Randle)

96 - 8 players (Jason Elam, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Jamal Anderson, Mike Anderson, Brett Favre, Chad Hentrich, R. McDaniel)

97 - 7 players (Terrel Davis, Aneas Williams, Zach Thomas, Bryant Young, William Roaf, Levon Kirkland, Randy Moss)

98 - 7 players (Bruce Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Warren Sapp, E. Swann, T. Boselli, L. Butler, Gary Anderson)

99 - 3 players (Barry Sanders, M. Turk, D. Dawson)

100 - 2 players (Mike Alstott, Deon Sanders)

That is 32 players over 95. 13 teams had no one over 95, and 5 teams had no one over 90. The game, despite all of its obvious shortcomings when complared to Madden 10 years later, still simulates statistics better, and the franchise mode is still more fun to simulate through and build a team than 2008 or 2009 was.

32 players over 95 sounds good to me.

nice info bro
__________________
What's Understood Ain't Gotta Be Explained...But You Don't Understand Me So Let Me Explain...o_0
seriousluboy83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #55
9.17.13
 
SouthernBrick's Arena
 
OVR: 42
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Not even on the map. Really, it isn't. =/
Posts: 5,853
Re: Madden Player Ratings Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
i said throw it away not into triple coverage (brett favre, what?), and like i said, he's solid, and put up great stats, but i never felt he was the reason for the wins or that he was an irreplaceable cog in the machine. case-in-point, the chargers had the worst pass defense in the league last season, and when you give up pass yards it extends the game and provides your offense with the ball a lot in passing situations (down by points), mr. rivers still had only 5 300 yd games, all of which were against sub-par defenses (NE, DEN, KC (x2), and NO).
My bad I misunderstood...I do see your point, though the chargers don't get to choose who they play they did have a pretty easy season last year even though we a few of our games in the last minutes/seconds of the game. Rivers did put up over 300 yards in a game aganist the steelers.

Even the colts with the great peyton manning had only 5 games with 300 plus yards and most of them were with sub-par defenses. (Jags,Lions,Chargers,houston,vikings)

But i'm not challenging peyton's abilities because everyone knows he is a HOF QB. I'm just going on last season that based on stats that were put up. You can't put rivers to the side because we had the worst pass defense in the league or because we had a easy scedule.

On madden 10 I hope he's at least 5th at least the 6th reguardless of the who they played. You got peyton, brady, brees, rothlisberger, warner, and then rivers. Even though when its all said and done the 2 in front of him doesn't compare on paper from last season.

Just because I think he's top 5 doesn't mean I think he's greater than the other QB's that have won a superbowl.

Where would you place him based off a last season? Give me a top 10?

peyton
brees
brady bunch
rothlisburger (since he won the SB)
who?
who?
who?
who?
who?
who?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
One out of 7 billion, and we still tagged your ***.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 04-21-2009 at 01:58 AM.
SouthernBrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 AM   #56
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,587
Blog Entries: 20
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

I'd like to see it more stretched, to be honest. Donny said to me on twitter once "If I could make Fitz's jump 107, I would."... to me this is evidence that the ratings should be spread even farther.

Not calling you out by any means, Donny, just making a point here

Now, first off, I wouldn't even give a guy an "overall" rating. I'd simply rate his individual attributes and let the overall fall where it may. This of course means that the overall ratings would land people in odd places sometimes, but the fact is that overall doesn't actually do anything in-game, so why worry about it?

If I were to assign an overall to start out, they'd be significantly lower than they are now. 95+ would be reserved for those who are in the greatest of all time argument... there might be only a select few at a given time. Brady, Manning, Fitzgerald, maybe a couple others. 90+ would be the best of right now. 90-94 would be made up of guys that are currently 95+ outside of the elite few. And down the line like that. Filler players would be in the 30s, camp guys in the 20s... less than 20, those dudes that get selected late in the draft but never make a team.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 PM.

Top -