Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #73
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
Because that is the call. If that is not the call you shouldn't be able to do it.
Um... Do you know what a "sight adjustment" is?

It's not always the call, alot of times it is improvised based on the situation. If you force people to drop they will not be able to adjust properly to certain blitzes.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #74
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm not confirming anything.
Oh well, I tried...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #75
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Ok, that would be my issue then. In the NFL QBs can and do snap and throw if they see something they like, and I think we should be able to do the same in M10.
Exactomundo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Oh well, I tried...
No no.. then you say "But you aren't denying anything either!" See you had one more

So ... really this entire thing brings to question... how are all drop backs handled?

Are some plays going to drop my QB back 5 steps or 7 depending on the primary WR? Or are we only forced 3 steps and after that we can do whatever we want... is it always 3 steps only?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles

It's not always the call, alot of times it is improvised based on the situation. If you force people to drop they will not be able to adjust properly to certain blitzes.
Yes, but you have to make that call at the line before the play. The "slight adjustment" should have to come before the play not after the snap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Ok, that would be my issue then. In the NFL QBs can and do snap and throw if they see something they like, and I think we should be able to do the same in M10.
If you don't audible for it before the snap though hopefully the WR won't be ready for it and it will bounce off of him.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Exactly. Some of the posts in this thread are frustrating to read because they fail to understand that routes are put in combination with other routes designed to clear them against specific defenses and then coordinated with dropbacks designed to deliver the ball just as the route clears. That's football. Unfortunately, it's been absent so long from Madden that we're now used to not having to think about these things and make them part of our game.

It seems to me that the general Madden gaming populace doesn't want to deal with this real-world "poppycock," but I'm glad there's more emphasis on these kinds of nuances.
Exactly! When I play APF I use hot routes to open up other routes. IRL football everything is based off timing from the QB drop to the defenses blitz.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles

This is funny. Are you saying you want to always avoid a sack because you have the bird's eye view of the game? That the forced drop back would actually make sacks happen if you send the right play at the right time? Sacks like that happen in the NFL alot.

I understand the concern about nano blitz but again thats another exploit that should be fixed and should not be used against the arguement of a forced drop back.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
If you don't audible for it before the snap though hopefully the WR won't be ready for it and it will bounce off of him.
Oh sure, goes without saying... should also be some risk involved in such a pass... a QB with poor accuracy could throw a pass that is low.. or a pass behind the WR exposing him to a huge hit... and if the pass is an accidental backwards pass and the WR can't hang on to it then it should be a fumble...etc..etc... all of those factors should be there, and I'm looking for ratings to play a huge role as usual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »