Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #81
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
Yes, but you have to make that call at the line before the play. The "slight adjustment" should have to come before the play not after the snap.

Ok, so you do not know what a sight adjustment is.

Sight adjustments are made on the fly, sometimes before and sometimes after the snap. It's based on coverages, alignments, and the first step of the defenders. I can't adjust to the first step of a defender if I haven't snapped the ball now can I?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
If you don't audible for it before the snap though hopefully the WR won't be ready for it and it will bounce off of him.
It doesn't work like that, though. WRs know when they see certain blitzes, they adjust their route in certain ways. Hence, sight adjustment. If, for example, a WR sees a CB blitz and the safety 10 yards downfield, he's gonna know to look for the ball. He's not gonna run his route blissfully unaware of the QB while he's wide open.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 6

I think that there's an easy solution to this. Map a button that when pressed automatically ends the drop. This one's simple, really.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I understand the concern about nano blitz but again thats another exploit that should be fixed and should not be used against the arguement of a forced drop back.
I don't think a QB drops back blindly regardless of the pressure he is dealing with... I assume that if he sees that a blocking assignment has broken down horribly that he will probably abandon his designed drop back and try to get the hell out of there...

But as long as we have a birds eye view of the field we really can never compare the game with the real thing.... it is just a video game after all where the blind side of a QB is non existent.

My concern is if a nano is found that is unstoppable, then you have this forced drop back scenario + unstoppable nano which ruins the entire game for a whole year... seems pretty risky. Hopefully they allow this feature to be patchable in case something like that occurs.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
I think that there's an easy solution to this. Map a button that when pressed automatically ends the drop. This one's simple, really.
What would be really cool is if you would have to push a button for each step, and if your rhythm was off your QB would stumble, or just not set well initially... so you can determine the amount of steps you want to drop back...

I'd also like to see a drop back rating implemented, since we know that not all QBs have good drop backs, especially those coming out of college... I'd like to see that somehow translated into Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #86
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
What would be really cool is if you would have to push a button for each step, and if your rhythm was off your QB would stumble, or just not set well initially... so you can determine the amount of steps you want to drop back...

I'd also like to see a drop back rating implemented, since we know that not all QBs have good drop backs, especially those coming out of college... I'd like to see that somehow translated into Madden.
You want to push buttons to drop back?!? REALLY?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I don't think a QB drops back blindly regardless of the pressure he is dealing with... I assume that if he sees that a blocking assignment has broken down horribly that he will probably abandon his designed drop back and try to get the hell out of there...

But as long as we have a birds eye view of the field we really can never compare the game with the real thing.... it is just a video game after all where the blind side of a QB is non existent.

My concern is if a nano is found that is unstoppable, then you have this forced drop back scenario + unstoppable nano which ruins the entire game for a whole year... seems pretty risky. Hopefully they allow this feature to be patchable in case something like that occurs.
This is a hard one to deal with because currently awareness of a QB picking up these blitz during play just doesnt matter. Manning is obviously nearly 100 Xs better then Alex Smith when it comes to reading plays as they happen and adapting.

Maybe they could make awareness matter as to how quickly you can break out of the drop back? This was Manning with his 99 awareness has almost complete control of what he does where Smith looks like he is getting nailed by teh blitz because he "cant" read the blitz coming?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Ok, so you do not know what a sight adjustment is.

Sight adjustments are made on the fly, sometimes before and sometimes after the snap. It's based on coverages, alignments, and the first step of the defenders. I can't adjust to the first step of a defender if I haven't snapped the ball now can I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
It doesn't work like that, though. WRs know when they see certain blitzes, they adjust their route in certain ways. Hence, sight adjustment. If, for example, a WR sees a CB blitz and the safety 10 yards downfield, he's gonna know to look for the ball. He's not gonna run his route blissfully unaware of the QB while he's wide open.
Both good points. I guess what I was referring to was the fade or wr screen where those are pre planned and the QB takes one step and throws.
In the after snap "slight adjustments" the QB would more than likely be into his second step before he noticed the defenses move. Therefore this would constitue a break in the drop which from what is seems will be possible because Ian talked about moving the branching point of the drop up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »