Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #129
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian

People like Shotgun style are the reason for the expression "A little knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands." You don't understand sight adjustments and you don't understand hot reads, so stop pretending like you do.

You don't sight adjust from a 15 yard dig into a hitch. You sight adjust from a 15 yard dig to a 12 yard curl to a skinny post. Its based off the reaction of a, singular, particular defender.

Read some of Walsh's stuff (I'm assuming you read an article or something, therefore making you an expert). A sight adjustment is based on particular coverage within the same concepts. A hot read is either communicated before the play, or more likely, built in to the play based on that particular opponents tendencies or by their formation.

That doesn't change the dropback. For example, if a hot read modifies a play it will modifty it within the framework of the designed play. That is, a backside post morphing to a slant would likely occur on a package with a 3 step drop. Assuming that the blitzers out number the blockers the QB will have to throw it off a back foot, or accept the contact while throwing.

if the hot read isn't possible based on the defense, you'll likely see the true audible (or a TO).
Wow. That's really amazing. Especially since I COACH, and I never said ANY OF THAT SH!T.

Let's start with your bullsh!t claim that you can't sight adjust to a completely different route. I always coach my kids to break off deep when the corner creeps within 3 of the LOS, regardless of the route called. This results in 15+ gains nearly 40% of the time.

So your entire soliloquy about what routes can be sight adjusted to is bullsh!t. Period. You can do whatever the offense dictates.

I also stated in this thread that if the OL/DL interaction was fixed, the consequences of not dropping would be apparent. But not only can you not coach, you can't read either.

You're not an expert, and reading a few books at Borders does not make you a coach, so keep the condescending rhetoric to yourself. It has no place on this board.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #130
MVP

Let's tone it down a bit guys. This can be discussed without being combative.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #131
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Let's tone it down a bit guys. This can be discussed without being combative.
I agree, but dude started it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Wow. That's really amazing. Especially since I COACH, and I never said ANY OF THAT SH!T.

Let's start with your bullsh!t claim that you can't sight adjust to a completely different route. I always coach my kids to break off deep when the corner creeps within 3 of the LOS, regardless of the route called. This results in 15+ gains nearly 40% of the time.

So your entire soliloquy about what routes can be sight adjusted to is bullsh!t. Period. You can do whatever the offense dictates.

I also stated in this thread that if the OL/DL interaction was fixed, the consequences of not dropping would be apparent. But not only can you not coach, you can't read either.

You're not an expert, and reading a few books at Borders does not make you a coach, so keep the condescending rhetoric to yourself. It has no place on this board.
I'll be sure to tell my players on Monday the guy on the internet said I can't coach anymore.

Since you coach I'll assume you tell your QB to just change his dropback without telling his lineman? I assume you have him throw the ball to unsuspecting WRs?

So you want to sight adjust to a go? That's quite a bit different then a slant or a hitch don't you think? Do you have your QB throw it flat footed as well?

So you sight adjust a hitch to a dig? You site adjust a dig to slant? Show me some tape. I want to see your QB's footwork and I want to see the pass protection.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #133
MVP

Quote:
And I'm sure you'd let your kids use that excuse, wouldn't you? lol.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:

You've completely disrepsected everybody in this thread with your replies.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #135
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
I'll be sure to tell my players on Monday the guy on the internet said I can't coach anymore.

Since you coach I'll assume you tell your QB to just change his dropback without telling his lineman? I assume you have him throw the ball to unsuspecting WRs?

So you want to sight adjust to a go? That's quite a bit different then a slant or a hitch don't you think? Do you have your QB throw it flat footed as well?

So you sight adjust a hitch to a dig? You site adjust a dig to slant? Show me some tape. I want to see your QB's footwork and I want to see the pass protection.
See, this is why I question you. Every step in a drop is mapped down to the inch. But you can't get ANYONE to do it perfectly every time, nor can you get them to both improvise on a sight-adjust AND have perfect footwork all at the same time.

It's just not realistic. I mean, if your QB has that kind of perfect body control on every play with all the responsibilities he has, AND all the things that happen at the snap that he can't control then he needs to be in the NFL hall of fame. Nobody is that perfect.

Bottom line: All he needs to do is get out of the center's wheelhouse and get rid of the ball in that situation. Overcoaching a kid will and expecting perfection on every snap is unrealistic and will get you fired in no time.

That is the human aspect of coaching that you don't seem to have a grasp of. That or your players are robots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #136
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
And I'm sure you'd let your kids use that excuse, wouldn't you? lol.
Man, if the guys aren't killing each other over who got the most Powerade I'm happy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »