Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #201
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
People don't see it for the realism it brings to the game, not to mention how the auto-dropbacks present the game better (it looks and plays more real). It's only viewed as a method to curb cheese by some of the good folks 'round these parts.
I like the idea of forced drop backs; however, a little more flexibility needs to be provided to the user.

Forced Drop backs do make the game more realistic. I'm no coach , but I'm assuming that a the QB's drop and the oline's protection scheme within a single play aren't mutually exclusive. The protection for a 3 step drop is different than the protection for a 7 step drop. The devs should give the user the ability to change the drop back at the line(1,3,5,7), so if we see that a DB is playing of, or that someone will be open right away, we can change the drop.

I'm sure that's what happens in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #202
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
That's is a check with me route which is an fancy audible!
Yes, true... but with a forced 3 step drop I would not be able to run that play ever, agreed?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #203
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
I like the idea of forced drop backs; however, a little more flexibility needs to be provided to the user.

Forced Drop backs do make the game more realistic. I'm no coach , but I'm assuming that a the QB's drop and the oline's protection scheme within a single play aren't mutually exclusive. The protection for a 3 step drop is different than the protection for a 7 step drop. The devs should give the user the ability to change the drop back at the line(1,3,5,7), so if we see that a DB is playing of, or that someone will be open right away, we can change the drop.

I'm sure that's what happens in real life.
I agree 100%! The player practice to get the timing down if the QB doesnt drop back the same everytime it throws the timing off. So it is very sim to have forced back drops as long as you can come out of this drop early at anytime.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #204
Banned

OVR: 25

Basically I'm saying...

don't force me to do anything. If you want to penalize Run & chuck users fine...go right ahead, but let me have my ability to break out of the auto brop...which I never use anyway.

I snap it, I do the drop, I read the D, and I throw it...

The drop back has never been something the user had to practice, be aware of, or ever care about...people would always let the CPU do that for them. I'm saying the drop is apart of the QB's skill set, its a unique talent.

We should have a drop back rating. Its one of the single most important things a QB can learn to do...but its on auto-pilot in Madden as we (the users) get a free pass...and are not held to accountability for this all too important aspect of gameplay.

we get huge maps of the plays laid out on the field, we get buttons to tell us exactly who's who...

I'm saying that the user thinking & doing has been taken out of the game. Its not about being a more knowledgable football mind, or a more astute practitioner anymore....it's almost like the focus has been hijacked by cheesers, glitchers, and cheaters...
Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #205
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Yes, true... but with a forced 3 step drop I would not be able to run that play ever, agreed?
Yeah which is why this subject is complex. They would need to add some kind of audible or hot route for this that supersede the drop back.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #206
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I agree 100%! The player practice to get the timing down if the QB doesnt drop back the same everytime it throws the timing off. So it is very sim to have forced back drops as long as you can come out of this drop early at anytime.

Then whats the point in having it? Look, a cheater is gonna be a cheater anyway. They'll just find some other way to do it.

I don't know, I should be able to just signal my WR who should be reading the coverage the same way I am...and manually execute the dropback...its not hard to do, you just pull downward on the L analog stick and throw the ball.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #207
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Basically I'm saying...

don't force me to do anything. If you want to penalize Run & chuck users fine...go right ahead, but let me have my ability to break out of the auto brop...which I never use anyway.

I snap it, I do the drop, I read the D, and I throw it...

The drop back has never been something the user had to practice, be aware of, or ever care about...people would always let the CPU do that for them. I'm saying the drop is apart of the QB's skill set, its a unique talent.

We should have a drop back rating. Its one of the single most important things a QB can learn to do...but its on auto-pilot in Madden as we (the users) get a free pass...and are not held to accountability for this all too important aspect of gameplay.

we get huge maps of the plays laid out on the field, we get buttons to tell us exactly who's who...

I'm saying that the user thinking & doing has been taken out of the game. Its not about being a more knowledgable football mind, or a more astute practitioner anymore....it's almost like the focus has been hijacked by cheesers, glitchers, and cheaters...
Like I said football center around timing so much I think some sort of CPU controlled drop back is necessary! But it should allow you to break out of the drop back at anytime.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #208
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Then whats the point in having it? Look, a cheater is gonna be a cheater anyway. They'll just find some other way to do it.

I don't know, I should be able to just signal my WR who should be reading the coverage the same way I am...and manually execute the dropback...its not hard to do, you just pull downward on the L analog stick and throw the ball.
CPU controlled drop backs wont be there to stop cheesing (I dont even play other players) Its for us simers who want to run an offense based on timing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »