Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #217
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
lol...

Yeah, I'd definately disagree with that. Most guys get rated lower for not being under center enough in college, and having to do a lot of drops. You'll hear about a guy having slow feet (Leftwhich) and needing more urgency in his drop steps. Or, being a long strider and needing to make his drop steps shorter because he's getting to much depth or distance from the pocket.

...it's just a healthy discussion...no harm...no foul...
Is there an echo in here LOL? You're alluding to what I said. Around this time of year and while rating rookie QB's is about the only time you hear emphasis on dropbacks. On the pro level, you don't really hear about it too much. Again, I just wouldn't go on a whim and call the ability to drop back (in its self) a talent. That's me personally. It's something that's learned by all QB's at some point on the professional level. Doesn't mean that some don't execute it better than others; I just look at it as a raw talent.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEFgxehqIcM

Just for reference, here is a video of a quick 3 step pass. You will never see a quarterback throw the ball any quicker than this and he makes his full 3 step drop. It's quick, but he still takes 3 full steps.

Does anyone really think the QB would have been able to make a read on the defense and get rid of the ball faster than he did?

A forced drop is not as big of a deal as it is being made. I don't think you would really notice it being forced.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #219
Banned

OVR: 25

I'm sure it will be implemented in a way that achieves the desired results, and I'm not concerned about it being game killer at all.

Like I said, these are smart guys (making this game). At the end of the day, I'm sold on the fact that Madden 10 will be better than any football game I've played...so...

Besides, I'm bi-polar anyway...you guys should know better than to listen to anything I say...
Old 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #220
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEFgxehqIcM

Just for reference, here is a video of a quick 3 step pass. You will never see a quarterback throw the ball any quicker than this and he makes his full 3 step drop. It's quick, but he still takes 3 full steps.

Does anyone really think the QB would have been able to make a read on the defense and get rid of the ball faster than he did?

A forced drop is not as big of a deal as it is being made. I don't think you would really notice it being forced.

I just watched a few games on NFLN where the QB took one step. One step.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #221
Rookie

Quote:
I just watched a few games on NFLN where the QB took one step. One step.
Were they pre planned 1 step drops or did the QB decide to throw if after 1 step?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #222
Banned

Quote:
Were they pre planned 1 step drops or did the QB decide to throw if after 1 step?

Planned.

One was a Smoke WR screen, and the other was a hot where the WR just stood there because the CB was playing so far off...
Old 04-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #223
Rookie

Quote:
Planned.

One was a Smoke WR screen, and the other was a hot where the WR just stood there because the CB was playing so far off...
I got ya.
Not what I was referring to. I meant it for the people who think you need to be able to break a three step drop because the QB will make a read and throw before the full 3 steps.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #224
Banned

Quote:
I got ya.
Not what I was referring to. I meant it for the people who think you need to be able to break a three step drop because the QB will make a read and throw before the full 3 steps.

Oh, I see. Got cha.

Oh yea, I totally agree. Absolutely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »