Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #17
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
GAMEKILLER BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GAME IS OVER, NOT BUYING GAME KILLER ALERT, WILL NOT BUY IF THIS SHIPS IN GAME.

GAME KILLER.
Are u joking Kane or...?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #18
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Are u joking Kane or...?

Really though I like it, but there are some plays where a two step drop and then a throw to the reciever on the line is the play call and would like to see only a forced 2 step on these plays, then again these plays have to be in the game in the first place and should only work when the db is playing off the reciever.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
It's actually truer to the real NFL this way but may not translate to the video game very well.

More often than not, when a QB throws as soon as he gets the snap it is planned that way. i.e.: Fade to corner of the endzone, or WR screen.
The only time a QB usually throws before his 3 step drop is if there is pressure on him and it is not a very accurate pass.

I know there are other instances, but this is how it is the majority of the time.
But none of that relates to the QB being forced to do a drop. When he does one, it's because he's chosen to throw to none of his receivers yet. That might be because there's no quick routes, or the quick routes have been covered, etc. Regardless, it's the QB's choice.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #20
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
Maybe have certain plays have a designated drop? Or just certain plays like the fade/screen where no penalty would be brought into effect?
Well this already occurs, I'm sure you know. I actually put some feedback to the team in this area b/c it seemed some of the dropbacks were off for certain plays.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Are u joking Kane or...?
I am wondering the same thing...

EDIT:
nvm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

Really though I like it, but there are some plays where a two step drop and then a throw to the reciever on the line is the play call and would like to see only a forced 2 step on these plays, then again these plays have to be in the game in the first place and should only work when the db is playing off the reciever.
But you can hot route a WR to a screen... so really, any play can be that play.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:

There is no such thing as a two step drop. The QB would be throwing with his feet crossed.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
There should be a way to audible/change your dropback if you read the defense before the play. So if I have a 7 step drop back but I can see a blitz coming in I will change a route to fill the void where the blitz is then change my drop back to a 1-3 step drop back so I can get the ball out of my hands quickly. It could be a win-win for everyone.
But if the problem is cheesers abusing the instant freedom at QB right now, with a forced drop and these options, wouldn't cheesers just audible to a 1-step drop before every play then? Or at least any play they want to cheese? Nothing would really change for them, but honest players would be left either more hassled (having to audible) or more restricted (being in a forced drop).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »