Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Solution: QB dropped hotroute.

Reading a blitz? Audible to (forced) 1 step drop, hit quick slant.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
QBs sometimes make a subtle signal to a WR they have good chemistry with in situations where the CB is playing way off and they'll quick throw to the WR hoping he would have enough momentum to juke the DB and gain some good yardage. Heck B. Favre would do this on run plays if he saw something he liked...

And it is not a instant throw by any means.

It is:
1. Snap
2. Turn body in proper throwing position to face WR
3. Throw

This still takes time.. probably about 1.5 seconds or so before the ball elaves the QBs hands, but there is NO drop what so ever and I would like that to still be possible in Madden. But the QB boddy should turn noticably to before the throw can be made.
100% Agree.
But at that point, that is where the play is going. There is no other option and he won't throw to anyone else. That being the case, a forced drop would be enforced unless you make the signal to void it and throw it to a specific receiver without the drop.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcMahon
Solution: QB dropped hotroute.

Reading a blitz? Audible to (forced) 1 step drop, hit quick slant.
I already said this but apparently they feel it will still allow cheesers to keep cheesing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
Oh this is just great, the most overused, and insanely deadly play from 09, can now be hot routed on every single play, eliminating the ability to at least read formations and tendencies so you can TRY and stop it. Please, please tell me that this WR screen is not as ridiculously effective as 09.
Maybe I am mistaken? I know you can do a WR screen on PS2 and am about 85% sure you can do it on PS3/360... but remember, its just the WR being hot routed to a screen and that is it. The O-line will not block like a screen or anything like that, so its not going to be NEARLY as effective as a WR screen, and yes I agree that WR Screens were far too effective in 09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
100% Agree.
But at that point, that is where the play is going. There is no other option and he won't throw to anyone else. That being the case, a forced drop would be enforced unless you make the signal to void it and throw it to a specific receiver without the drop.
Sure, I can agree with that... but I still fear that someimtes a nano will be run taht will get to you so fast that you'll be dropped before the 3 step drop can be completed, and regardless of how hopeless that scenario may seem to the QB, I still don't like the fact that I will compeltely helpless in making any attempt to move out of the way.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Maybe I am mistaken? I know you can do a WR screen on PS2 and am about 85% sure you can do it on PS3/360... but remember, its just the WR being hot routed to a screen and that is it. The O-line will not block like a screen or anything like that, so its not going to be NEARLY as effective as a WR screen, and yes I agree that WR Screens were far too effective in 09.

Sure, I can agree with that... but I still fear that someimtes a nano will be run taht will get to you so fast that you'll be dropped before the 3 step drop can be completed, and regardless of how hopeless that scenario may seem to the QB, I still don't like the fact that I will compeltely helpless in making any attempt to move out of the way.
I don't believe you will be hopeless. Ian has stated you will be able to break the drop and was tuning on how soon you could break it.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 41

In the real NFL every QB has a 1,2,3,5,7 step drop and in Madden 10 it should coincide with the primary WR's route. I think Ian is trying to stop the QB sneak and the running to the sidelines as soon as you hike it mentality.

In APF if you allow the A.I. to drop you back instead of do it yourself it is all based on the Primary WR route. If it is a slant it is a 1 step drop and if if it is a deep route it is a 7 step drop.

I personally think the QB sneak plays should be taken out if it requires so much surgery to other parts of the game. I myself love the Forced drop back because the is REAL football.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I personally think the QB sneak plays should be taken out if it requires so much surgery to other parts of the game. I myself love the Forced drop back because the is REAL football.
How is it real football when you are denied the ability to make a throw that is made every sunday in the NFL (quick pass to WR).

Also, I would assume that the drop back restriction would not exist for QB Sneak plays... would that not defeat the entire purpose of the QB Sneak?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I personally think the QB sneak plays should be taken out if it requires so much surgery to other parts of the game.
That's even less sim than a forced drop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »