Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
In the real NFL every QB has a 1,2,3,5,7 step drop and in Madden 10 it should coincide with the primary WR's route. I think Ian is trying to stop the QB sneak and the running to the sidelines as soon as you hike it mentality.

In APF if you allow the A.I. to drop you back instead of do it yourself it is all based on the Primary WR route. If it is a slant it is a 1 step drop and if if it is a deep route it is a 7 step drop.

I personally think the QB sneak plays should be taken out if it requires so much surgery to other parts of the game. I myself love the Forced drop back because the is REAL football.
Basing it on the primary receiver would drive me nuts, too, because most of the time the primary receiver of the play I pick isn't my actual primary receiver.

This discussion is pretty interesting, though, because it shows that a lot of people recognize the various problems. It's gotta be tough for game designers in times like this when there's no good, clean solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Basing it on the primary receiver would drive me nuts, too, because most of the time the primary receiver of the play I pick isn't my actual primary receiver.

This discussion is pretty interesting, though, because it shows that a lot of people recognize the various problems. It's gotta be tough for game designers in times like this when there's no good, clean solution.
I think you can still change your primary receiver by using the old cone controls... although I don't know if it really does anything at this time aside from just making him a differfent color.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit

That's the problem with translating real life to a video game. The primary receiver is always the first read and what the play is based around in the NFL. In the game every receiver is available. That's why Randy Moss never takes a play off in Madden.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
That's the problem with translating real life to a video game. The primary receiver is always the first read and what the play is based around in the NFL. In the game every receiver is available. That's why Randy Moss never takes a play off in Madden.
That's the difference between real football knowledge and Madden knowledge.

That's the difference between SIM and Madden Nation.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #45
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I think those who are complaining are the ones who instantly roll out when the ball is snapped. plus to instant three step drop helps with setting up a pocket. if you have all short routes by time u get to ur third step u should know who u r throwing to. what i didn't like most bout madden was the fact how fast ur qb could back up and roll out and throw on the run with accuracy. now there is a penalty for that unless u have a good rating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I think those who are complaining are the ones who instantly roll out when the ball is snapped. plus to instant three step drop helps with setting up a pocket. if you have all short routes by time u get to ur third step u should know who u r throwing to. what i didn't like most bout madden was the fact how fast ur qb could back up and roll out and throw on the run with accuracy. now there is a penalty for that unless u have a good rating
Actually my complaint is that I can't perform a pass that is performed every Sunday in the NFL... so in this case... If its in the game.. it might not be in the game.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Actually my complaint is that I can't perform a pass that is performed every Sunday in the NFL... so in this case... If its in the game.. it might not be in the game.
If the forced drop back was changed to 1-7 steps according to your primary WR's route then this would fix your issue. Make the drop back to the route, not the play. Sure before the play you would have to read a defense and choose a WR who might be open but thats the only "issue" that it may bring up.

If someone runs WR screen(dump pass) every play and it works every play then its an exploit and should be fixed but the fixed drop back is not the problem.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If the forced drop back was changed to 1-7 steps according to your primary WR's route then this would fix your issue. Make the drop back to the route, not the play. Sure before the play you would have to read a defense and choose a WR who might be open but thats the only "issue" that it may bring up.

If someone runs WR screen(dump pass) every play and it works every play then its an exploit and should be fixed but the fixed drop back is not the problem.
Now that makes sense. If your primary is a wr screen you have a 1 step drop. If you decide not to throw to him, you better start scrambling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »