Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
That's the difference between real football knowledge and Madden knowledge.
I don't follow. Just because I don't use the primary receiver as designated by the play I call, that doesn't mean I don't have my own primary receiver or my own series of progressions.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If the forced drop back was changed to 1-7 steps according to your primary WR's route then this would fix your issue. Make the drop back to the route, not the play. Sure before the play you would have to read a defense and choose a WR who might be open but thats the only "issue" that it may bring up.

If someone runs WR screen(dump pass) every play and it works every play then its an exploit and should be fixed but the fixed drop back is not the problem.
Well, in your suggestion, would I be able to change my primary WR at the LOS?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Well, in your suggestion, would I be able to change my primary WR at the LOS?
Yes you would. You already can in M09 but I dont think it does anything besides change the pretty colors of your WRs routes. The drop back should be determined by the primary WR you choose before you hut the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If the forced drop back was changed to 1-7 steps according to your primary WR's route then this would fix your issue. Make the drop back to the route, not the play. Sure before the play you would have to read a defense and choose a WR who might be open but thats the only "issue" that it may bring up.

If someone runs WR screen(dump pass) every play and it works every play then its an exploit and should be fixed but the fixed drop back is not the problem.
Ok, say my primary receiver is running a 15-yard post. Right after the snap, I recognize the defense dropping into a cover-3. What do I do now? I'm stuck in a 7-step drop because of my primary route, a receiver I already know won't be open, and now if I want to take advantage of the weak underbelly of the zone I've either gotta wait my 7 steps and hope those underneath receivers are still open or I've gotta make an off-balanced throw and hope it's accurate. How is this a good solution to anything?

Obviously, what I'd do is change my primary receiver (if I can) to whomever has the quickest route so I get full control sooner and proceed as normal with the 15-yard post as my actual primary. But in this case, if I'm always using the quickest route as my primary to avoid the forced drop, then the forced drop is pointless and ultimately inconveniencing.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 41

The NFL average that a NFL QB has to get rid of the ball or get sacked is 3-4 seconds. Yes there are certain times that a QB will have longer but I am going by a average. I know of McNabbs 14 second scramble so please don't bring that up but he is in a league of few men.

This is why the dropback and the need for a primary WR is needed. If a QB drops back and there primary is covered and there 2nd a 3rd after a quick glance is covered they will throw it away.

The only concern I have over this is a Nano Blitz. I would hope there is a way to bring your RB & FB up closer to the line to help block in this case or you will see this........

Look at the 4:10 mark of the video....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d1d91b

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Ok, say my primary receiver is running a 15-yard post. Right after the snap, I recognize the defense dropping into a cover-3. What do I do now? I'm stuck in a 7-step drop because of my primary route, a receiver I already know won't be open, and now if I want to take advantage of the weak underbelly of the zone I've either gotta wait my 7 steps and hope those underneath receivers are still open or I've gotta make an off-balanced throw and hope it's accurate. How is this a good solution to anything?

Obviously, what I'd do is change my primary receiver (if I can) to whomever has the quickest route so I get full control sooner and proceed as normal with the 15-yard post as my actual primary. But in this case, if I'm always using the quickest route as my primary to avoid the forced drop, then the forced drop is pointless and ultimately inconveniencing.
Have you ever heard of audibles?

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #55
MVP

You know how many times I have seen Hasselbeck come from under center and audible to a shotgun formation? I have seen him come out of shotgun and go under center also. This is all based off of audibles and what the defense is showing him.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
The NFL average that a NFL QB has to get rid of the ball or get sacked is 3-4 seconds. Yes there are certain times that a QB will have longer but I am going by a average. I know of McNabbs 14 second scramble so please don't bring that up but he is in a league of few men.

This is why the dropback and the need for a primary WR is needed. If a QB drops back and there primary is covered and there 2nd a 3rd after a quick glance is covered they will throw it away.

The only concern I have over this is a Nano Blitz. I would hope there is a way to bring your RB & FB up closer to the line to help block in this case or you will see this........

Look at the 4:10 mark of the video....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d1d91b
That nano would never happen in real life...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »