Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Have you ever heard of audibles?
Which would only be helpful in my example if the defense lined up with three D-backs in a cover-3 before the snap, which would be...unconventional.

Most teams line up like normal with the two safeties deep, and then either drop a safety underneath and two corners deep if it's a cover-3 'sky', or roll the safeties over and drop one corner deep if it's a cover-3 'cloud'. Regardless, those movements happen after the snap.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #58
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Look, every time they "force" us to do something it's because they couldn't fix something else.

No more "forcing" us to do things. We should have control, and whatever it is this is supposed to fix should just be fixed.

MORE CONTROL, NOT LESS CONTROL.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Ok, say my primary receiver is running a 15-yard post. Right after the snap, I recognize the defense dropping into a cover-3. What do I do now? I'm stuck in a 7-step drop because of my primary route, a receiver I already know won't be open, and now if I want to take advantage of the weak underbelly of the zone I've either gotta wait my 7 steps and hope those underneath receivers are still open or I've gotta make an off-balanced throw and hope it's accurate. How is this a good solution to anything?

Obviously, what I'd do is change my primary receiver (if I can) to whomever has the quickest route so I get full control sooner and proceed as normal with the 15-yard post as my actual primary. But in this case, if I'm always using the quickest route as my primary to avoid the forced drop, then the forced drop is pointless and ultimately inconveniencing.
Read post above for answer about changing dropback/primary.

So you are basicly saying you dont want to see timed routes and throws in the game that occur because a QB drops back to a set drop back and throws the ball? I feel that your arguement is that cheese players are going to cheese so why should I have to play sim football...? Forced drop back if implemented on a primary WR route is realistic. basicly an arcade game is doing what you want to do whatever you want whenever you want instead of trying to portray what happens IRL.

The forced dropback also gets rid of the 5 Wide set auto QB sneaks that Ive seen people do online. This is where the hut the ball then full sprint past the DTs for an automatic 4 yard gain if not more.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Yes you would. You already can in M09 but I dont think it does anything besides change the pretty colors of your WRs routes. The drop back should be determined by the primary WR you choose before you hut the play.
That sounds good... yes I think currently changing your primary WR at the LOS is probably leftover code from the cone days.

Your setup sounds good but what about the flare to the back corner of the end zone? That's usually a 1 step drop at most... not that it really works in Madden very well, but maybe in M10 with DB / WR interaction it might actually be viable.

Another problem is someone can come out in a 5 WR set, change a WR he doesn't plan to throw to into a screen adn then the forced drop back would be negated... I guess it might be too easy to circumnavigate...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

We were forced to drop on every pass in the CD build. I had no problems making the passes I wanted. Neither did I have problems getting outside the pocket when I wanted (which is going to get fixed). I got out of the pocket a lot . No worries, they will fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #62
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Read post above for answer about changing dropback/primary.

So you are basicly saying you dont want to see timed routes and throws in the game that occur because a QB drops back to a set drop back and throws the ball? I feel that your arguement is that cheese players are going to cheese so why should I have to play sim football...? Forced drop back if implemented on a primary WR route is realistic. basicly an arcade game is doing what you want to do whatever you want whenever you want instead of trying to portray what happens IRL.

The forced dropback also gets rid of the 5 Wide set auto QB sneaks that Ive seen people do online. This is where the hut the ball then full sprint past the DTs for an automatic 4 yard gain if not more.
I've seen Manning and Brady stand up and throw the fade without dropping a zillion times. It's not cheeze, it's real.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #63
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
We were forced to drop on every pass in the CD build. I had no problems making the passes I wanted. Neither did I have problems getting outside the pocket when I wanted (which is going to get fixed). I got out of the pocket a lot . No worries, they will fix it.
So you're basically saying that there IS a pocket this year?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
But it sounds to me like if you wanted to make the snap, turn, throw pass (without a drop) you would not be able to ... correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »