Home

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

This is a discussion on Forced 3 step drop? What is this? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Look, every time they "force" us to do something it's because they couldn't fix something else.

No more "forcing" us to do things. We should have control, and whatever it is this is supposed to fix should just be fixed.
Not necessarily. It's because they are trying to replicate the NFL and some people don't play the way football is played in the NFL.

They don't allow us to tackle our teammates but they could do that in real life if they wanted to.

The only way to keep players from doing things is to force them to do other things. It's not always right but sometimes it's the way it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 26

[quote=CapnKill;2039451315]That sounds good... yes I think currently changing your primary WR at the LOS is probably leftover code from the cone days.

Your setup sounds good but what about the flare to the back corner of the end zone? That's usually a 1 step drop at most... not that it really works in Madden very well, but maybe in M10 with DB / WR interaction it might actually be viable.

Another problem is someone can come out in a 5 WR set, change a WR he doesn't plan to throw to into a screen adn then the forced drop back would be negated... I guess it might be too easy to circumnavigate...[/quote]

Yes that is true...If people dont like something they will find ways around it. Thats just the nature of the beast but there should still be more flexiblity.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
So you're basically saying that there IS a pocket this year?
I'm not confirming anything.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
But it sounds to me like if you wanted to make the snap, turn, throw pass (without a drop) you would not be able to ... correct?
In the shotgun I could. Under center no.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
So you are basicly saying you dont want to see timed routes and throws in the game that occur because a QB drops back to a set drop back and throws the ball?
Not at all.

What I'm saying is I don't want to be forced to do it. I can come up with examples all day long where totally legit sim play would be affected by a forced drop back. My deep post/cover-3 example hasn't been resolved, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Read post above for answer about changing dropback/primary.
Like I said in my example, the obvious fix for me is to just make my "primary" whomever has the quickest route to insure I'm not stuck in a forced dropback, even if that receiver isn't my actual primary. And if that's the case, that makes the forced dropback pointless, because I'll just always have my "primary" be the receiver whose route is shortest and gives me proper control the quickest. That's certainly not sim football.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
I've seen Manning and Brady stand up and throw the fade without dropping a zillion times. It's not cheeze, it's real.
Because that is the call. If that is not the call you shouldn't be able to do it.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
That's the difference between real football knowledge and Madden knowledge.

That's the difference between SIM and Madden Nation.
Exactly. Some of the posts in this thread are frustrating to read because they fail to understand that routes are put in combination with other routes designed to clear them against specific defenses and then coordinated with dropbacks designed to deliver the ball just as the route clears. That's football. Unfortunately, it's been absent so long from Madden that we're now used to not having to think about these things and make them part of our game.

It seems to me that the general Madden gaming populace doesn't want to deal with this real-world "poppycock," but I'm glad there's more emphasis on these kinds of nuances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
In the shotgun I could. Under center no.
Ok, that would be my issue then. In the NFL QBs can and do snap and throw if they see something they like, and I think we should be able to do the same in M10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »