Home

This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to hit.

This is a discussion on This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to hit. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
IMO Sim is a game thats plays out much similar to real football. Players sprinting all play isnt sim. Suction blocking isnt sim. 190 lbs RB's trucking 330 lbs DT isnt sim.
There needs to be a wall that stops certain animations from triggering based on the weight and speed of colliding players. If there is a collision between a 190lb running back and a 300lb defensive tackle none of the trucking animations should be triggered. Ever.

If we could have a wall that stopped certain animations from triggering in certain situations, then player momentum would be much more realistic even with a mo-cap animation system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
There needs to be a wall that stops certain animations from triggering based on the weight and speed of colliding players. If there is a collision between a 190lb running back and a 300lb defensive tackle none of the trucking animations should be triggered. Ever.

If we could have a wall that stopped certain animations from triggering in certain situations, then player momentum would be much more realistic even with a mo-cap animation system.
You would think that this is a no brainer. I should NEVER see a 180 lb HB truck sticking a 300 LB lineman... period, ever, ever, ever, no matter how many games I play.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to

I disagree with your "animation wall". We should see something, and here it is..............

Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

not sure what the TEN v ATL pic is suppost to indicate, but anyway...

there should be definitely this 'wall' but have it only work 99% of the time, because there's always exceptions to the rule. same goes for RBs blocking DEs, QBs breaking tackles, small CBs hit sticking big RBs, etc...

it would really be nice if the game would keep track of these exceptions and make sure they only happen once per game at most. in franchise, extend this algorithm so it's only 2-3 times per season.

i think i remember Ian saying something a while ago, where he mentioned this type of programming could be used to ensure certain animations get used more sparingly.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 04-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

We need a weight system
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
not sure what the TEN v ATL pic is suppost to indicate, but anyway...
Its supposed to indicate that if you are 190 lbs and you try and truck your way through a 300 lb lineman you will end up on the ground with said lineman standing over you like in the pic above. So he is saying that instead of a wall (where the HB just can't do it) you'd go on the flip side where you have specific animations that ONLY occur when a giant takes down a midget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
there should be definitely this 'wall' but have it only work 99% of the time, because there's always exceptions to the rule. same goes for RBs blocking DEs, QBs breaking tackles, small CBs hit sticking big RBs, etc...
Sometimes there is just no exception to the rule. Warrick Dunn would NEVER EVER EVER truck over W. Sapp, it just would not happen... although I understand that W. Dunn would highlight stick as opposed to truck stick, but I assume ther'es guys out there that might have both options.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
We need a weight system
Agreed, Weight should be treated as a stat.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
I disagree with your "animation wall". We should see something, and here it is..............

Well, thats kinda like a wall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »