Home

Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #33
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: lions new logo in madden 10???

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Mixed feelings on the logo. Yes, it looks better but it's still basically the same thing. I think Detroit shouldn't have even wasted their time with changing it seeing as the uniform changes were minimal as well.

Either blow up the whole dang thing or leave it as it is. IMO.
I disagree, sometimes subtle changes are best. The Lions kept their classic logo and colors, just tweaked them a little bit. I like it...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #34
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj7298419
I disagree, sometimes subtle changes are best. The Lions kept their classic logo and colors, just tweaked them a little bit. I like it...
But the Lions have never really been a winning franchise, so at some point, why not give the whole thing a makeover? Teams like the Steelers, Packers & Cowboys (and other "dynasty" like teams) have a tradition of winning, so they keep their tradition of uniformity (uniforms) at all times.

Look at the state of sports; that's the way it goes. Winners keep the same look, teams on the verge sometimes change uni's, while doormats always go for a different look or relocate/change altogether. Ohio State never changes their uni's, yet Ball State does. The Lakers never change their uni's, yet the Warriors do. The Yankees never change their look, yet the Brewers do. The Bucs completely changed their look and style and became competivite and won a SB. The Patriots were a team on the verge before, they changed their uni's, then became a dynasty. The Broncos of late 90's changed their uni's and went on to win 2 SB's. And recently, the Chargers were/are considered a team on the verge and they changed uni's in hopes of creating a new look/atmosphere.

Sometimes, a complete makeover is for the best.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #35
Rookie

shad_moss93's Arena

OVR: 8

Last edited by shad_moss93; 04-21-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

That helmet is way off.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #37
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

It just hit me with that the style guide that SomeStrangeSin posted shows that the Lions have changed their triple stripe on the helmet.

Last year:

New Helmet:

That's one change that I don't like. It looks pretty similar to the Bills helmet stripe now and I've always felt that theirs was too extreme.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #38

DaveDQ's Arena

OVR: 34

I like the new logo. I like how they kept the old and incorporated some new.

Here's the thing about the Lions, when that day comes, it's going to be an incredible moment for the fan. I'm a long time Red Sox fan, watched my grandfather and uncle pass and not be able to witness 2004. Before then there was all kinds of jokes and mocking.

That's the thing about being a fan. When your team has had year after year of heartbreak, and then they have one year of promise, that's what it's all about.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #39
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I like the new logo. I like how they kept the old and incorporated some new.
I agree.

I like how the changes are certainly noticeable...but not overwhelming. I've always liked the Lions overall look. And for me anyway, I would have been disappointed if they changed completely.

In fact...the more I see of this change, the more I like it.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
But the Lions have never really been a winning franchise, so at some point, why not give the whole thing a makeover? Teams like the Steelers, Packers & Cowboys (and other "dynasty" like teams) have a tradition of winning, so they keep their tradition of uniformity (uniforms) at all times.
I know it's going WAY back, but the Lions actually were a very strong team back in the 50's and into the early 60's, so while it has be a very, very long time, they do have some tradition with this logo. I like the slight tweak versus an entire make-over. I've always felt the Lions had one of the better looking logos? They entered the NFL way back in 1930, and I like the fact they've maintained a well known logo. I'm sick of all the teams that seem to change everything every few years .... they are the ones with NO tradition.

Millen is gone, so hopefully the Lions will get some love over the next few years? It wasn't that many years ago that teams like the Patriots were annual losers so ya never know???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »