Home

Ian: Madden 10 "Presentation" blog any time soon???

This is a discussion on Ian: Madden 10 "Presentation" blog any time soon??? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #17

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Ian: Madden 10 "Presentation" blog any time soon???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
This. I could care less about presentation if gameplay isn't in order. I'm really excited to see the new gameplay.
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We typically tune "SIM" to All-Pro, and any time we play competitively here we always play on All-Pro. But I was playing the art director today with more of a focus on presentation and cameras and other stuff, so we went for the more casual experience. I'd like to try again on All-Pro and see what kind of experience we have.

It's definitely still in progress, but I can say a few things about why the running game got much more effective as well...

1. [Minor] The game speed makes running inherently a bit easier. You have more vision to hit your holes.

2. [Minor] The changes to turn rates apply to both defense and offense, but user controlled defenders (i.e. Mike) aren't necessarily used to them so they have the tendency to overpursue plays since they're used to being able to always hold sprint and still make a play.

3. [Major] We DRASTICALLY reduced the tolerance (i.e. yards away) for a defender to tackle a ballcarrier. Last year it was upwards of 3 yards, which gives that feeling of 'suction'. This year it's closer to one yard, but it also scales based on the tackle rating of the player...meaning that it will just feel harder to get by the Urlacher's and R. Lewis's.

4. [Major] we also changed pretty much how all of our blocking works, and added all kinds of new animations and technologies (some announced, some not).

So all of these things immediately tip the scale to the offense so we have to tune accordingly.

To re-balance the first few (especially the lower tackle tolerance yardage) we really just need to keep tuning pursuit. If a player could "tackle" you from 3 yards away last year, that hides a lot of pursuit issues that come out when he can't tackle you unless he's within arm's reach. This is still ongoing, and I think you saw it in rough shape at community day. LB's would crash right into the middle and then get hung up and not be able to get back outside. Which leads to the second one...

We have to re-work how our players 'disengage'. We're working on giving them the full ability to tackle while still engaged, which helps a lot, but is also a tough balance because you have to do some pretty complex checks to see if he's "free enough" to tackle a guy, or else the suction problem comes back. The other main thing is just with animation and logic - guys need to be able to shed free of a guy in the opposite direction, and do it FAST. This will not only help outside runs but QB scrambling shenanigans.

Both are high on the list...being tuned as we speak.

I believe its being taken care of...
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

guys dont expect many improvements. remember madden has no competition....they can release madden 09 with new rosters and a new cover and we will all still buy it, then probably go to ea headquarters and go on strike....hey it can happen

just dont be surprised by these blogs that have screenshots and no info...
Old 04-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #19

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
guys dont expect many improvements. remember madden has no competition....they can release madden 09 with new rosters and a new cover and we will all still buy it, then probably go to ea headquarters and go on strike....hey it can happen

The vids will tell. Its all gameplay so there should be a very good wow factor to the first vid.

If not alot of people will be asking questions.

I trust video's more than just posts, threads, and blogs. Even the little proto type video's looked better than 09 to me in terms of more fluid in running, cutting, etc.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:

You are kind of new so I wont tell you to shut up and go away troll. Wait I just did...I will tell you to go check out the info that they have dropped and then come back and tell me that it is the same M09. And if you think about saying o thats nothing then realize that its only april and we still have many more months of info to drop.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #21
Angelinos

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm one that ranks presentation/atmosphere very highly as a determining factor when I purchase sports games. Hopefully, july will give us a pleasant surprise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #22
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
The trailer is all gameplay. No presentation upgrades are shown.

You'll see nuggets here and there but I suggest picking up a copy of GamePro when it comes out soon. There's some screenshots you might like in there.

Presentation will be blown out in the month of July.

Phil
Atleast I know when to look for it now, Well now I'll just beg for franchise news
Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

For me, presentation is the only thing left that'll determine whether or not i purchase my first Madden in 5 years. I think the game,visually, looks really good, i like the PA, glad to see refs back on the field, glad to see that the WR/DB interaction is being worked on and I'm happy to hear that the run game is being tuned. All i need is some presentation that doesn't get boring after 4 games and EA's got my money.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #24
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

Love this.

I'll be looking forward to your impressions when the game launches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »