Home

Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 19
Early Demo(just an idea)?

This is just an idea maybe for Madden 2011.

I think it would be a cool and helpful idea for EA and Madden dev to release a demo maybe in late may to mid june. This could give the dev team mass input. Even tho there would be a lot of bashing on it, i still think it could help the team.

What do you think? Would there be too much bashing or could some good come out of an early demo?

*There still would be the early August demo too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Early Demo(just an idea)?

i could see this possibly working if they did it like COD/UFC where folks who have pre-ordered it get the code for the demo, but everybody else gets it in august.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

I like this idea, there was a thread earlier about having an online demo, too, so you could find out all the glitches and make sure everything runs smoothly.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
i could see this possibly working if they did it like COD/UFC where folks who have pre-ordered it get the code for the demo, but everybody else gets it in august.
There would be two demos tho. the early one would probably be kinda ruff and used for info on what needs to be fixed. The demo coming out in august would be polished and pretty much what your buying 2 weeks later.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

The earlies we get a demo, the more feedback they can get & fix the things that will need to be addressed. I never understand having a demo come out so close to release date for Madden. This is one of the most popular in the country, it does not need to arm wave its coming.

what they need, is better playtest feedback earlier. This way they can have time to get things corrected, make changes, and even additions to the game.

A early demo can do the game sales no harm, because they can always say its not a finished product, and any bugs will be fixed.

This is a no brainer imo...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

the only thing is they would have to start making the game more than a year in advance and its ea so you never know if they would do that...
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

i don't think they would need to do that. if they can make an alpha build for early community day, i would imagine it's not that much harder to make a demo of 2 teams for a quarter or something.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

It would be pretty cool to get a beta early before you drop the alpha in august. I dont know how many issues would be there but it could be, if given say 3-6 weeks before the game goes gold, good to get feedback and find out the game killers so you can try and fix them before it ships...or if all else fails continue fixing and have a patch ready asap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »