Home

Why does the NFL have restrictions on Madden?

This is a discussion on Why does the NFL have restrictions on Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Why does the NFL have restrictions on Madden?

the NFL is like a poligamist colony
Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 29

Oh, the sarcastic remarks I am holding back....
Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

All of their money comes from companies wanting to be associated with the NFL as a brand. They don't want to upset them. Also, one time Bryant Gumbel interviewed an NFL guy and showed him the late hits on NFL Blitz and he got real embarrassed and probably chewed somebody out and said 'no more of that.' Shame really, the original NFL Blitz on the PS1 is one of the best multiplayer games ever devised by man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

If you want tats and personal fouls go play blitz... sadly that's your only option. I think the realism should be there, but I think the NFL doesn't want to go the way of the NHL. I miss the days of the late hit in madden. I remember clobbering everyone. Oh the memories.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 33

One of the reasons I don't like hockey is all the fights.

Personally, something about going at eachother on the ice turns me away from ice hockey.

The hits and legal stuff are awesome. But all the fighting is stupid. I don't want to watch a sport that portrays its players as thugs and stuff.

From just a first glance, the fighting has turned me away from ice hockey. My exposure to the sport is limited, but seeing all the bad images is bad.

The NFL just wants to eliminate the thuggery image. In things like tattoos, incorrect uniforms and such.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #14
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
One of the reasons I don't like hockey is all the fights.

Personally, something about going at eachother on the ice turns me away from ice hockey.

The hits and legal stuff are awesome. But all the fighting is stupid. I don't want to watch a sport that portrays its players as thugs and stuff.

From just a first glance, the fighting has turned me away from ice hockey. My exposure to the sport is limited, but seeing all the bad images is bad.

The NFL just wants to eliminate the thuggery image. In things like tattoos, incorrect uniforms and such.
Five dollars says there are more incarcerated NFL players than NHL players.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Five dollars says there are more incarcerated NFL players than NHL players.
Comparison wouldn't even be close ... NHL as a whole has WAY less "thuggary" than the NFL. The more your around hockey, the more you understand why they allow in-game fighting. Right or wrong it has been a part of hockey since it's inception.

Long-story short, since all players carry a "weapon" (stick), fighting (after dropping their stick) is a means for them to vent without causing serious injuries (you rarely see a fight cause serious injuries). Fighting also provides a means to minimize "goons" from intimidating smaller finesse "star" players, as they will then have to answer to the other team's "goon" or fighter. Not a great explanation, but fighting really does have a purpose in this sport.

NFL is likely #1 or #2 for incarcerations, right up there with the NBA considering all major sports. Of course it's a small minority of players in either sport that find themselves in trouble with the law, unfortunately it's this type of news that makes the headlines giving the majority a bad reputation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

They used to have all of the players tattoos in Madden. Did they just change the rule? I also wish there could be things included like suspensions and such since that is a very realistic thing in today's nfl.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »