Home

Would You Play a Historic Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Would You Play a Historic Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you play a Historic NFL mode in Madden 10?
Yes, been wanting to play a Historic team for a long time. 38 47.50%
No, the current Franchise mode is enough for me. 31 38.75%
Undecided, I could take it or leave it. 11 13.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Would You Play a Historic Franchise Mode?

Looks like the poll is about split. I'm surprised that more people wouldn't want to relive the glory years of their favorite NFL team. I grew up watching Staubach and Dorsett on the Cowboys. It would really be fun to replay them, perhaps learning even more about the NFL and it's history in the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8

Yes I would be interested.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

I am more interested in that than modern teams to some degree
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Looks like the poll is about split. I'm surprised that more people wouldn't want to relive the glory years of their favorite NFL team. I grew up watching Staubach and Dorsett on the Cowboys. It would really be fun to replay them, perhaps learning even more about the NFL and it's history in the process.

And to defeat the Steelers at least once in the 70's!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 23

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned how Out of The Park Baseball does it's historic mode, that would have to be the benchmark. With Madden gameplay of course.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #30
Rookie

jaybrek's Arena

OVR: 2

I would play absolutely. The thing about the drafts...you could simply add in a feature that lets you turn drafting/trades on or off. If it is on then up to the player to decide who they draft or trade. If it's off then each year there would be no draft and you could just play through season by season and the rosters would update every year as they really did. It's really not an issue. If Madden wanted to avoid paying the players they could simply leave the rosters unnamed and just have the jersey numbers and schedules in place and leave it to the player to name each player. Madden has had historic teams before with unnamed players. EA is just lazy and they do not feel like making a each season or a new game mode. This is why they've been releasing Madden NFL 05 over and over again for the last 7 years. The least they could do is offer a custom schedule option. But nooo, that would require too much thought for EA.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybrek
I would play absolutely. The thing about the drafts...you could simply add in a feature that lets you turn drafting/trades on or off. If it is on then up to the player to decide who they draft or trade. If it's off then each year there would be no draft and you could just play through season by season and the rosters would update every year as they really did. It's really not an issue. If Madden wanted to avoid paying the players they could simply leave the rosters unnamed and just have the jersey numbers and schedules in place and leave it to the player to name each player. Madden has had historic teams before with unnamed players. EA is just lazy and they do not feel like making a each season or a new game mode. This is why they've been releasing Madden NFL 05 over and over again for the last 7 years. The least they could do is offer a custom schedule option. But nooo, that would require too much thought for EA.
I personally never thought EA did a good job with Historic rosters because everyone was rated 90+ overall evewn the 3rd string RB

if they were to do these rosters i would much rather they spend quality time researching players and ratings instead of giving us a league full of 90+ rated players which doesn't show any seperation amongst the historic teams

IMO your better off doing the rosters yourself because it's not like EA makes them authentic

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »