Home

What will the CPU defense do to confuse me?

This is a discussion on What will the CPU defense do to confuse me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
What will the CPU defense do to confuse me?

The hardest put of playing QB at the pro level IRL is reading the defense. Currently that isnt the case in Madden(or NCAA for that matter). So my question to the devs. are what have you done to allow defenses to disguise there coverages and blitzes?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What will the CPU defense do to confuse me?

yeah, i would love to see db's and lb's disguising their packages, faking blitzes (realistically)...
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I agree.

The safety blitz to me is always a big thing. I frequently audible a WR or TE into a fly pattern based on the blitzes I read. The safeties never fake a blitz and then drop back into coverage to fool the QB.

This tends to increase the number deep balls I get per game because of the one on one coverage.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The hardest put of playing QB at the pro level IRL is reading the defense. Currently that isnt the case in Madden(or NCAA for that matter). So my question to the devs. are what have you done to allow defenses to disguise there coverages and blitzes?
Yes the CPU will jump out of your tv and then shake your tv then jump back into the game as you hut the ball

NCAA is a lot easier to read then M09. NCAA 09 was like M08 where you could read zone, man, or blitz just by how players lined up. I rarely ever was surprized in NCAA or M08 becfause it was so easy to read. If I didnt make a player go in motion in M09 I had some trouble getting the pre-snap read down.

It would be nice if the Defense acted more human by giving more autibles before the play is snapped to give a different feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »