Home

Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

This is a discussion on Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

1. I really dislike "train active team". The bottom line is, I get those 7 points each week whether the drill is hard and frustrating, or easy and fun. So just make it quick and easy (i.e. the pancake drill) to avoid frustrations. I want to play the regular season games, not those mini-games.

Even better, just give me those points and don't make me work for them on a drill that is infuriating. The DL drill is horrible because if the CPU gets two touchdowns in a row you automatically fail. The DB drill is excessively difficult. The sprinting and weight lifting are mindless button mashing that can literally cause you an injury (i.e. RSI).

2. I want to be able to sort players by height and weight (this is how I sign back-up o-lineman, lol).

3. I want the depth chart rating to always equal the team management rating. "Train active team" messes this up (i.e. when they increase because of training the increase is found on the depth chart but not on the player management, or in-game menus).

4. It would be amazing if the player bio would pick-up more information. Currently it tells you any major awards or Pro Bowl appearances, with the year in brackets.
I would want it to track other things as well (i.e. leading the league in a statistical category, injuries, Super Bowl victories, major college awards (i.e. Heisman), records broken, etc.) It would be interesting to look back on these accomplishments.

5. Progression sliders (i.e. magnitude of positive/negative progression), so that I can fine-tune it to my preferences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
A true to life "Training Camp" with practices, cuts, player evaluations etc....I'd love to see something like that in the game.
This, and also a huge draft & offseason upgrade
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Realistic Training Camp/Cuts,Holdouts,Better Drafts(although it appears fixed),better retirements(meaning we could persuade players abck,player progression(fixed), and theres probably tons more im forgetting.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #28
Rookie

Here we go!!!!

-More in Depth-Draft (BE able to Edit Draft Picks!)
-A Full roster... WITH a Practice Roster of 15
-More holdouts, Trade Demands (which we can reject), More trade partners (CPU asks us), More news about the Franchise and other teams on the Ticker, info, sportscenter style, Ocho Cinco wants out of Cincy... Bob Sanders fined 5,000 for late hit on Rivers last week.
-Tony Bruno! Ian knows what im talking about! "A player skipping Training camp to do acting!... selfish if you ask me".
-Better Progression by Players, Rookies.
-Customize my schedule, let me pick some open games for 2012
-Add cash considerations trades! (JK, would be kinda cool tho)
-Let me switch teams when my contract, or contract of the coach runs out. Let me build it, Leave, See what they do.
-

AS a WHOLE!

-Change the MENU SCREEN! Please, how many EA Sports Games are going to have the same MENU Screen, its feels like I have been starting the same game for 4 years now! When I bring home that game, I want to have a new game! Not the same Menu i've seen for 4 years with a new picture behind it.
-Change back the BLUFF to X!! NOW, Hold A is garbage, you cant even Bluff out of the formation! Nice Bluff, Eh, sooo run or pass? NO, let me do what I did two years ago... press X 87 times, on 87 plays in 6 Formations... guess what im doing! PLEASE.
-Give me some NEXT Gen EYE BLACK and MOUTHPEICES! (Editable), please.
-Theres more, but im done for now.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 29

Never thought about custom schedules... That is an awesome idea.

I think everything besides prime time and division games should be up to the user.

Also -

• Incentive based contracts - Brady Quinn has one of these and I think from a management perspective it would really add to the whole experience. You want to build up and progress a player but you also may want to hold him out of a starting role if you already have a decent performer. This would cause some players to call for a trade or a re-structured deal.
  • Team Records - They aren't that hard to find - and they should be a big deal when they happen (489 yards passing in one game is held by Bernie Kosar, FYI)
the list goes on...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #30
Rookie

In addition to my earlier points, I would also like to see:

- More progression times (i.e. 3 or 4 times per season, rather than just once in the off-season). It's not like players only get better in the off-season, evidenced by the Madden updates throughout the year for online play.

- Also, something to keep track of the next year's cap penalty.

- I think we should be able to edit any player's rating. This is because it is annoying to start a franchise, and then find out about players that should be rated much higher (i.e. it would have been great if I could have adjusted Matt Cassel's ratings once it became apparent that he was better than his rating from the game's release).
Old 04-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubs
- I think we should be able to edit any player's rating. This is because it is annoying to start a franchise, and then find out about players that should be rated much higher (i.e. it would have been great if I could have adjusted Matt Cassel's ratings once it became apparent that he was better than his rating from the game's release).
You can do this already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
You can do this already.
I don't mean editing his rating for "Play Now" or a new franchise. I mean being in week 14, year 1, of my franchise and finding out Matt Cassel is an 85. So adjusting his rating right away, without having to start a new franchise.

Another thing I just posted in the menu thread, is a more convenient menu set-up. For as long as I can remember, when I select "Franchise" the next menu consists of "New Franchise", "Load Franchise", and more recently "Resume Franchise".

Yet the cursor is ALWAYS on "New Franchise" by default. It should be on "Resume Franchise" by default, because I only use "New Franchise" a few times. I constantly access "Resume Franchise", so that should be the default selection on the next screen for convenience sake.

OR taking it a step further (I am not as lazy as this sounds, I promise, lol)- There could be a shortcut to go straight to the resumed franchise from the main menu (i.e. LB + Y).
It would be shorter than (Franchise-Resume Franchise-Load File-Confirm load file).

(i.e. LB+Y vs. down, A, down, A, A, up, A).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »