Home

Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

This is a discussion on Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

Editing ratings as you suggest sounds like the death of in season Franchise Mode progression... Am I wrong?

I don't think it should be left up the the user.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #34
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Editing ratings as you suggest sounds like the death of in season Franchise Mode progression... Am I wrong?

NBA 2k9 allows us to edit any player on any team at any time during franchise.

Feeling bored, I bump Lebron up to 7'10 and pwn. Or create a 5'2 dude with 99 jump and dunk.

What if I want to add myself in the game mid season, creating myself in draft classes is tedious.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30

As Exonerated said, NBA 2K9 is like that. I guess it could be "optional" for those who feel they may have a lapse of self-control and make their whole team 99's.

The thing is with franchise, you are only cheating yourself if you mess around with the ratings. So I do not think it is the death of progression, I actually think it would help with progression.

If it was in Madden 09 I would have raised Matt Ryan's and Joe Flacco's ratings. Then decreased Marvin Harrison's and Jerry Porter's. I had a 28 year-old offensive lineman make the Pro Bowl and then regress one point, so I would at the very least put it back up.

When I play franchise I do not make unrealistic trades, and I would not make unrealistic progression either. I would use it for fixing mistakes and adjusting for realism based on the real NFL.

Last edited by NoSubs; 04-21-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #36
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I won't be completely satisfied with franchise mode until Madden follows in the foot-steps of HeadCoach'09 and add the 'playbook knowledge' mechanic to the game.

The Madden team doesn't need to copy the exact formula, but having something in place that requires the players on your team to actually learn the playbook is the next step in the evolution of franchise mode (assuming something similar isn't already in place for Madden'10).

In HeadCoach'09, if you called plays that your players had not yet learned in practice you ran the risk of players running the wrong routes, blocking the wrong defender, DB's covering the wrong part of the field, and so on...this placed a premium on running effective practices to make sure everyone knew the plays that you planned on calling, and it also made free-agency more interesting because you really had to consider how well a potential signee knew the plays in your playbook, as opposed to just finding the highest rated players.

I'm really hoping something along those lines is planned for Madden'10.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 PM   #37
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
NBA 2k9 allows us to edit any player on any team at any time during franchise.

Feeling bored, I bump Lebron up to 7'10 and pwn. Or create a 5'2 dude with 99 jump and dunk.

What if I want to add myself in the game mid season, creating myself in draft classes is tedious.
While this is not something I really enjoy doing, I am open to the option of allowing it. Just because I don't like to do something, doesn't mean no one should be allowed to.

I have, in the past, enjoyed the ability to edit imported draft players--especially their weights (if i think an imported NCAA first round draft pick is unreasonably light, or RBs and WRs that come in at 170 pounds).

Giving us the ability to edit the game gives us the ability to play the game we want to play. It is GOOD for business.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #38
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
While this is not something I really enjoy doing, I am open to the option of allowing it. Just because I don't like to do something, doesn't mean no one should be allowed to.

I have, in the past, enjoyed the ability to edit imported draft players--especially their weights (if i think an imported NCAA first round draft pick is unreasonably light, or RBs and WRs that come in at 170 pounds).

Giving us the ability to edit the game gives us the ability to play the game we want to play. It is GOOD for business.
However.

Every that ever had cheats has failed me.

Like playing an RTS, an I use an unlimited gold cheat. Ruins the game. No point playing properly again.

RPG where I gain 10000 dmg+ no point playing again.

NBA 2k9 I edit my team and create monsters and superstars. Replaybility starts to diminish.

Editing ratings is a double edged sword. It could improve the game, but it can also destroy it for you.

Editing equipment and appearances and info should be the limit.

Ratings and physicals should be untouched.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:48 AM   #39
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
All Madden needs to do is implement a system similar to nba 2k8

it was perfect.. different personality categories, and it how they reacted depended on the role you gave them before the season(which could be changed at anytime) and the amount of playing time they received..

Gave this example before, but say you're picking late in the first round, and have two very good wideouts,but want to add another threat to your offense, and the bpa in the draft is a wr with a "expressive" personality.. well before you draft him, you would have to realize he would be your number 3, and might not see the ball as much as he wants, which would lead to a decrease in his ratings, and a decrease in team overall (which would hurt others progression)

so at the draft, you might take another position, or a wr who has a "laid back personality" and would know his role on the team better

gives another layer to stratagey, and really draws you into your franchise

Andy would love to hear if this is even doable from one of the Devs, and Andy would love to hear from one person here who doesn't like this idea

EA Sports, Pm Andy your salary offer, hours a week Andy would be required to work, and start date, and Andy will let you know by the end of the week
Wow im suprised.

This is the best post I've seen from you so far, nice job bro.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #40
All Star

lol yeah. NBA 2K9 did franchise very well.

You could set players roles and they'd react accordingly affecting morale. And morale effects ratings ---> Production.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »