Home

Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

This is a discussion on Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

Considering Donny and Josh have been hard at work on fixing Franchise Mode. I am curious what other parts of an Real Life NFL Franchise you think should be in the mode within the next few iterations of Madden.

I would like to see practice squads and interaction with Agents when dealing with player contracts/trades, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

A true to life "Training Camp" with practices, cuts, player evaluations etc....I'd love to see something like that in the game.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Considering Donny and Josh have been hard at work on fixing Franchise Mode. I am curious what other parts of an Real Life NFL Franchise you think should be in the mode within the next few iterations of Madden.

I would like to see practice squads and interaction with Agents when dealing with player contracts/trades, etc.
this with a grain of salt... I think you should be able to talk to your own player during the season and have him request his agent. Maybe less amiable players could be very difficult about this process. I also think that when you pick up a player like TO that not all of your team should be excited about this. Team chemistry should go down.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Holdouts could be interesting. Either they want a trade or want to renegotiate their contract, this offseason especially has provided plenty of examples.

The obvious concern with this is the fun factor. Maybe put it in, make an on/off option, and default it to off. That way the more hardcore can really go hardcore with the franchise, for better and worse, but the more casual player doesn't have to deal with their best player demanding to be traded to a different team.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
this with a grain of salt... I think you should be able to talk to your own player during the season and have him request his agent. Maybe less amiable players could be very difficult about this process. I also think that when you pick up a player like TO that not all of your team should be excited about this. Team chemistry should go down.
On a tangent here.

Lol. Why on earth would your team not be excited about picking up TO? With this single acquisition, the bills have gone from perrennial 7-9 to possibly a winning record and vying for the divison.

Trent Edwards struggled to get 200 yards a game last season. I envision him getting 300 yard games with Owens.

Between the white lines, Owens works as hard as anyone. Like Chad 85, they are amicable with their team mates, but tend to venture out to media land too much. But both are worth their weight in gold on the field.

And yeah, we need a team chemistry rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
A true to life "Training Camp" with practices, cuts, player evaluations etc....I'd love to see something like that in the game.

Yes
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

1. Newspaper and Radio Show
2. Restricted FA
3. Training Camp
4. Practice Squad
5. Extended Preseason Rosters
6. better negotiations maybe like Head Coach 09 but i want to be able to choose the length of the contract
7. A Draft like in Head Coach 09
8. you shouldn't be able to get every FA you want, things other than money should be a factor
9. You shouldn't be able to resign all your players before FA. Maybe make a category in FA (by category i mean like the way you look through postions, targets) with players from your team, that way you can resign them but they are also fair game for the 31 other teams.
10. Bring back Player Roles, Team morale (Team distractions, franchise qb's, etc.)
11. Waiver System
12. MORE CPU TO CPU TRADES
13. fix draft Trade Logic
14. Positon Coaches
15. Bring back the ability to switch teams midway through! I get sick of dominating with one team, in last gen i was able to switch to a crappy team and build them up, it was so much fun.
16. OWNER MODE, If youre gonna give us a yearly income and budget for stadium and coach signings we should be able to influence our income by changing prices, advertising, etc.
17. You should be able to build relationships with other teams GM's kind of like in the original Head Coach. For instance the more trades you make with one team the easier it becomes to swing trades in the future with them, but the more you lowball them they will be less willing to accept. This should be put in because look at the Matt Cassel trade

I'm sure there is more that i am forgetting but there is definately a long way for EA to go yet in the best feature of the game, IMO they should cut out superstar and focus more on Franchise, i mean honestly how many ppl play superstar? i played it like 3 times and got so bored with it.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #8
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
On a tangent here.

Lol. Why on earth would your team not be excited about picking up TO? With this single acquisition, the bills have gone from perrennial 7-9 to possibly a winning record and vying for the divison.

Trent Edwards struggled to get 200 yards a game last season. I envision him getting 300 yard games with Owens.

Between the white lines, Owens works as hard as anyone. Like Chad 85, they are amicable with their team mates, but tend to venture out to media land too much. But both are worth their weight in gold on the field.

And yeah, we need a team chemistry rating.
Not even going to reveal how I feel about TO, but do I really need to go through the history books to show how other TEAM-MATES have responded to him? Yeah, he might even be a HOFer, so why would the Cowboys release him? Because he's self serving. He thinks he in place of we, and people don't deal well with that. The bills could go 19-0 this season and I'm sure there would still be a thing with someone...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »