Home

We need the ability to fake a blitz

This is a discussion on We need the ability to fake a blitz within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
We need the ability to fake a blitz

I'd love it if one of the playmaker options was to tell a LBer to fake a blitz... so he'll come up to the line then back off when the play starts.

I HATE how the AI does this for me automatically now... I'd love to have 100% control over who is faking and who is not...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: We need the ability to fake a blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I'd love it if one of the playmaker options was to tell a LBer to fake a blitz... so he'll come up to the line then back off when the play starts.

I HATE how the AI does this for me automatically now... I'd love to have 100% control over who is faking and who is not...
I agree with you 100%. I hate how they all come to the line together now...It annoys the hell out of me.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I agree with you 100%. I hate how they all come to the line together now...It annoys the hell out of me.
Especially when I'm trying to cycle through players and then they get in the D-line cycle mix which pisses me off!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #4

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill

I AGREE...hope its in madden 10 when the gameplay vid comes out of maybe the defense looking like its going to blitz but alot of them back off in to coverage. Better see good OL/DL play.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

+5

Great Idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 16

Antonio Pierce does this all the time

comes over the center about 70% of the time.
he blitzes about half of the time he uis above the center, but its the point that he is showing blitz that the offensive line has to account for it

though when you translate the oline accounting for this, the ai may not be sophisticated enough to know when its not a blitz to double team someone else. the oline doesnt even double team a NT on a 3-4 defense
Old 04-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
Antonio Pierce does this all the time

comes over the center about 70% of the time.
he blitzes about half of the time he uis above the center, but its the point that he is showing blitz that the offensive line has to account for it

though when you translate the oline accounting for this, the ai may not be sophisticated enough to know when its not a blitz to double team someone else. the oline doesnt even double team a NT on a 3-4 defense
Well i wouldn't want to try to confuse the O-line, I'm just trying to confuse my opponent. But I want to be in full control of who is fake blitzing, not how it is now which seems random...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »