Home

Will the FG presentation be changed?

This is a discussion on Will the FG presentation be changed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Will the FG presentation be changed?

I didn't think something as simple as a FG would bother me, but I really didn't like how it was handled in 09.

Basically you kick the ball and then just before it reaches the uprights the camera switches to another view which doesn't help at all in determining whether the kick was good or not...

A lot of the times I found myself looking at the scoreboard to see if I actually made it.

Can we just have the camera follow the football through the goalposts... like all the way through? That would be much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Will the FG presentation be changed?

dude you whine way too much. You sound like my ninety year old grandmother bit**ing about her back. My god can you spam another thread about what you don't like about last years game. Here is an idea why don't you make one big thread with all of your gripes in there.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by unisol_us
dude you whine way too much. You sound like my ninety year old grandmother bit**ing about her back. My god can you spam another thread about what you don't like about last years game. Here is an idea why don't you make one big thread with all of your gripes in there.

Hm .. I'd delete that if I were you.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

lol the camera is annoying as heck though.

The moment the ball is about to cross the plane of the post, boom, the camera switches. Now dude whats up with that lol?

The point of the Field is whether it goes in or not.

But instead we don't get to see it, and we have to wait for Mr. Enthusiastic Tom Hammond to tell us what happened!!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

how about a camera view from the refs POV under the goal posts? that would be cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hopefully, while they're at it, they can implement a more realistically challenging kicking game. It's way too easy to consistently kick 50+ yard field goals. Ruins the suspense of a last second field goal kick to win it.

Last edited by tennesseetitans; 04-21-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetitans
Hopefully, while they're at it, they can implement a more realistically challenging kicking game. It's way to easy to consistently kick 50+ yard field goals. Ruins the suspense of a last second field goal kick to win it.
its been discussed a million times on here..pretty sure it wont be changed this year.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
lol the camera is annoying as heck though.

The moment the ball is about to cross the plane of the post, boom, the camera switches. Now dude whats up with that lol?

The point of the Field is whether it goes in or not.

But instead we don't get to see it, and we have to wait for Mr. Enthusiastic Tom Hammond to tell us what happened!!
Exactly.. Ian can you boot up Madden 09 and you will see what were are talking about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »