Home

New in game shot off Madden 10 from Gametrailers promo!!

This is a discussion on New in game shot off Madden 10 from Gametrailers promo!! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #89
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New in game shot off Madden 10 from Gametrailers promo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I hope the video is better. So far, this (to me anyways) pic looks like 09 with a referee.
sadly that was my first thought too. I was hoping that it would look... different. Maybe clutter up the sidelines more for the superbowl, perhaps throw some of the media in the back of the endzone (like they are in real life)
Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanforlife21
Yeah it is def 10 you can see the ref on the field. The asterisk is for the footage they are showing prior to that. Good find.
plus you can see there are more photographers and people on the sideline than usual...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #91
MVP

I don't like the fact that they have people on the sideline that have no use like the guy standing behind everyone with the white hat on who never moves. Or the guy who eternally has his camera pointed at the ground.

And what's worse is that these characters are repeated several times on both sidelines (and I'm talking about 09). Last year there were about 24 event staffers on the sideline, and I'd bet that we never even see more than 2 in plain view while we play the game.

I know what the idea is, but when you have things like what I just described, it's ineffective. I'd rather they have characters I will see regularly and have less overall which will leave more for great overall detail, instead of having a ton of characters I never see that are just draining resources.

It makes no sense whatsoever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
sadly that was my first thought too. I was hoping that it would look... different. Maybe clutter up the sidelines more for the superbowl, perhaps throw some of the media in the back of the endzone (like they are in real life)
That's what I meant. Sure, the "swap pass block" isn't there, but the overall look of the shot is like 09.
And as mentioned, many people here couldn't tell the difference until the ref was seen.

I still have high hopes for the game, don't get me wrong. That is why I need to see the upcoming video.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #93
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I don't like the fact that they have people on the sideline that have no use like the guy standing behind everyone with the white hat on who never moves. Or the guy who eternally has his camera pointed at the ground.

And what's worse is that these characters are repeated several times on both sidelines (and I'm talking about 09). Last year there were about 24 event staffers on the sideline, and I'd bet that we never even see more than 2 in plain view while we play the game.

I know what the idea is, but when you have things like what I just described, it's ineffective. I'd rather they have characters I will see regularly and have less overall which will leave more for great overall detail, instead of having a ton of characters I never see that are just draining resources.

It makes no sense whatsoever.
I will give you this, if they were to take away from the amount and make them mobile, that would be awesome... however, since they're motionless, i see no reason why they couldn't just add a bunch more. I don't think it would take too much from the resources. maybe plain clothes people on the s/l too since they appear in real life...
plus, the superbowl sidelines are PACKED.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #94
MVP

^^^ except the more polys/textures, etc. you add the more you take from the available 'pot' so to speak. It's an unavoidable consequence of adding more graphic objects. It also effects AI, but moreso if you add animations and then it begins to strain a lot more.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #95
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

If you are trying this hard to figure out if this is 09 or 10, what should that tell ya???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
If you are trying this hard to figure out if this is 09 or 10, what should that tell ya???
that the clip of the discussed scene was too short and that we haven't seen the game in action to figure it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »