Home

Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09)

This is a discussion on Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #33
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09)

All I know is in Madden 10, LT and Peyton Manning shouldn't be the highest rated QB and RB.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
All I know is in Madden 10, LT and Peyton Manning shouldn't be the highest rated QB and RB.
I will agree on LT. It will be peterson and I can see that as long as his carry rating is down. Deangelo and mike should both easily top him as well. Really I think LT should be around an 85.

The other part, who do you have above peyton? A case could be made for tom but coming off of injury I just don't see that. You could make a case for drew as well, I actually made that case to people during the year last year and I really believe that in a lot of areas drew is better. That said, peyton was the NFL MVP last year, is widely considered an elite QB, and makes a damn strong case as the best in the league. Also, donny has kinda mentioned that he will be the top rated QB.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
How players should be rated:

Fitz-96
Manning-96
Brady-96
Urlacher-92
Briggs-92
Cutler-87
Forte-86
Chris Johnson-85
Slaton-86
LT-91
Gates-92
I like these a lot, actually. I just think Brady will be a 98 or 99.

Anyway, I think the only players with a 95+ rating on the Pats will be Brady and Moss. Mankins and Light will be right under that at around 93, I think. Same goes for Seymour and Wilfork. I expect Adalius to take a hit this year since he hasn't really produced gaudy stats in his time here. Welker will likely be a 90.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I wasn't saying young as in he's going to develop more (and I guess he doesn't have many playing years left anyway), just as in he hasn't started to regress yet or have his body start to really break down.

I really wouldn't disagree with anything you've said, except maybe Welker. I think he's overrated and that he's blessed with being in a very good offensive system more than anything. He's very good at what he does, but I wouldn't list him with #1 WRs. I would put Wayne in the range of Colston, White and Jennings. He'll probably land behind Boldin as well (and maybe Houshmanzadeh). I don't really rank players numerically, so I'd say he fits in around there, lower end top 10. He's very good, but he's not the elite. He should be low 90s, high 80s IMO he'll land around 91-92.

I actually personally would put him at about an 88. Madden will probably still be scaled too high in ratings and will have him around 90-92. I actually think when healther marques is somewhat better. TJ had a down year and though that was largely due to QB issues I could see them dropping him down. Also he will turn 32 during the next season. As for boldin, I think he somewhat benefits from having fitz there, I see him as a mid level #1 or top end #2 receiver.

As far as wes, I agree, if I was doing ratings his overall wouldn't top 85. He is successful due to a very specialized, very powerful, but also very limited skill set. I think if they rate him as they should his overall will be mid to low 80s. However, in an effort to not upset anyone and in order to make him able to play to his stats within the CPU AI they will probably overrate him in areas where he is really not that good. (I really feel the same way about a lot of players. sproles, bush, leon, hester, chris johnson, slaton, the list goes on). Therefor I think his overall could quite possibly see his overall being higher than reggie wayne.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #37
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
The other part, who do you have above peyton? A case could be made for tom but coming off of injury I just don't see that. You could make a case for drew as well, I actually made that case to people during the year last year and I really believe that in a lot of areas drew is better. That said, peyton was the NFL MVP last year, is widely considered an elite QB, and makes a damn strong case as the best in the league. Also, donny has kinda mentioned that he will be the top rated QB.
Brees should be the top rated QB. Yes Peyton is an elite QB and won the MVP I just think there were better ones last year like Warner, Brees, and Rivers.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Brees should be the top rated QB. Yes Peyton is an elite QB and won the MVP I just think there were better ones last year like Warner, Brees, and Rivers.
First off, you can't go off of one season's stats to determine the ability of a QB or any player for that manner. There are several other factors that need to be figured in.

You would put all 3 of them above peyton? Brees like I said, the arguement could be made for. Warner led a team in the weakest division or damn close to it to a 9-7 season going 3-7 outside said weak division. He statistically had a solid year throwing to one of the best receiving corps in the game today but over the past few years has not produced on a consistant basis.

As for Rivers, we are talking about a guy with one really good year under his belt. That is not enough to move him past a player with a career body of work such as peyton's. Before this last season he was a solid QB but nowhere near elite. He didn't do nearly enough this year to move past peyton.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #39
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

ay fellas im doing some RATING STRETCHING myself removing 5pts. from every main factor of a player....real interesting results so far....imma post em when im done aight....remember 95+

CARDINALS:FITZGERALD-96

COLTS:MANNING-96
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
ay fellas im doing some RATING STRETCHING myself removing 5pts. from every main factor of a player....real interesting results so far....imma post em when im done aight....remember 95+

CARDINALS:FITZGERALD-96

COLTS:MANNING-96

That is really not "stretching the ratings". Actually, if you are doing that just for players 95 overall and better then that would be compressing the ratings. you would then be changing the range from like 70-99 (a 30 point range) to 70-96 (a 27 point range).

My system when I spread the ratings, probably much more drastic than what EA did, was as follows:

99 = 99
98 = 97
97 = 95
96 = 93
95 = 91
94 = 89
etc
on down to
55 = 11
54 = 9
53 = 7
52 = 5
51 = 3
50 = 1
<50 = 0

For injury and toughness I lowered the rating by half that factor because I didn't want injuries to run rampant as I wasn't trying for a full season or anything, just testing gameplay.

For speed for QBs I lowered it by half the normal factor. Then if the resulting rating was in the 90s I lowered it by another 1, 80s another 2, 70s another 3 etc. This was due to lowering it by the normal factor really effected the QB drops way too much. If you don't believe this try lowering your QBs speed to like 5 and try to drop back with him. See how long it takes to get even 5 yards behind the LOS. The extra little reductions was just to keep speed QBs from being too overpowered being too fast.

Accuracy I reduced by twice the normal factor which really led to a very noticable difference in QB accuracies.

The effects to the overall rating were definitely too drastic for EA to actually allow in their release of the game. They would have to change the formula with which overalls are figured for sure. The highest rated FB after these drops was like a 20 overall. TEs were also hit very hard, I think dallas clark for example was like mid 40s. He was however extremely effective as he was always getting open against slower LBs or LBs who just couldn't cover his route running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »