Home

Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09)

This is a discussion on Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 01:04 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 23
Re: Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
my humble apoligies didnt even see Drew...my bad...my eyes playing tricks on me from looking at tha screens to much
No prob, just tryin' to help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 AM   #42
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
That is really not "stretching the ratings". Actually, if you are doing that just for players 95 overall and better then that would be compressing the ratings. you would then be changing the range from like 70-99 (a 30 point range) to 70-96 (a 27 point range).

yea my bad ppl....i made it sound as if only for those guys....it's for all players....not just guys 95+....i was trying to point out the mass amount of 95+ players and how there wont be nearly as many....good catch....kcarr
Old 04-23-2009, 02:15 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
yea my bad ppl....i made it sound as if only for those guys....it's for all players....not just guys 95+....i was trying to point out the mass amount of 95+ players and how there wont be nearly as many....good catch....kcarr

Still, even dropping everyone's ratings by 5 doesn't spread the ratings. Now your range, rather than 70-99 is 66-96. Still a 30 point spread. Most importantly the actual ratings that control on field play will still have the same range as before, just 5 points lower.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #44
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Still, even dropping everyone's ratings by 5 doesn't spread the ratings. Now your range, rather than 70-99 is 66-96. Still a 30 point spread. Most importantly the actual ratings that control on field play will still have the same range as before, just 5 points lower.

yea it's more of a controlled compression....how do you suppose it should be done
Old 04-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #45
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
yea it's more of a controlled compression....how do you suppose it should be done
I hate to constantly go back to Madden 2000 (it was 10 years ago!), but EA's rosters were "stretched" perfectly at that time.

The ratings were stretched from around 37 to around 95. I know that sounds extreme--especially with the roster's we have become conditioned to enjoy--and I sincerely doubt that EA will stretch their ratings to this degree, but the game simulates statistics BETTER than either Madden 2008 or 2009!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #46
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
I hate to constantly go back to Madden 2000 (it was 10 years ago!), but EA's rosters were "stretched" perfectly at that time.

The ratings were stretched from around 37 to around 95. I know that sounds extreme--especially with the roster's we have become conditioned to enjoy--and I sincerely doubt that EA will stretch their ratings to this degree, but the game simulates statistics BETTER than either Madden 2008 or 2009!!

yea i hear what your sayin but as im sitting here right now im wondering how is EA gonna make the ratings actually mean something this year....ay do me a favor cougar.... make a HB wit 0 everything in MADDEN 2000 and see if his ratings are usefull or not plz....then could you tell me the results
Old 04-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
I already told you what I did. I would say going something like that but maybe scaled down (mine was pretty drastic) would be the best way to experiment with this. It actually expands the range of each rating that is used. Primary positions from any position are then spread from being like 80-99 to being like 61-99. If the spread started out being more then it ended up being even more drastic. I would say something like even half my scale would show some pretty drastic results. Basically, guys who are 99 in an area, leave them. The lower a guy is in an area the more you lower them.

Now when EA does this they will actually be passing judgement on these players deciding what their ratings should be. In mine I just went off of the ratings EA already had and adjusted from there other than tom bradies throw power. There is no way I could justify leaving that rating that high.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #48
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
yea i hear what your sayin but as im sitting here right now im wondering how is EA gonna make the ratings actually mean something this year....ay do me a favor cougar.... make a HB wit 0 everything in MADDEN 2000 and see if his ratings are usefull or not plz....then could you tell me the results
here's the deal with create aplayer in M2000: for most of the important skill position ratings (acceleration, speed, break tackles, etc.) the lowest possible rating to be given to a RB is 50.

When everything is at 50, and his Pass Blocking is dropped to zero, he comes out at a "36" overall.

Different positions have different lower end caps. O-linemen's strength cap is "60," etc.

All that said, there are players already in the game with statistics lower than their "create a player" ratings. Hence the ability of the game to list the lowest rated player at "35" (FB Ayanbadejo of the Vikings, who has Pass and Run Block ratings of below "40," despite having all athletic skills such as speed above "60").

I'm not saying that M2000 was the perfect representation of ratings, but the stretching produces more accurate simulated statistics and scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »