Home

Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE

This is a discussion on Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
on more serious note, I will get with one of our gameplay producers about this tomrrow to see if there is something creative and punishing we can do here.
How about an Easter Egg banner that reads "pwned!!!11!!"??
Old 04-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
on more serious note, I will get with one of our gameplay producers about this tomrrow to see if there is something creative and punishing we can do here.
The responsiveness that you guys have shown is AMAZING thank you. All we want is a game that is not dominated by simple minded glitchy tactics like this. I recently watched a video of two of the "elite" madden guys in the country playing each other, and it was NOTHING but fb dives, and sprinting backwards with the QB to throw a rocket catch curl. You guys seem like you really want to put an end to that garbage and I hope you accomplish that.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

The only way to avoid the nonsense is to play against like-minded individuals.

My suggestion to stop this behavior is to allow anyone online to quit the game w/o penalty of a loss or disco if their opponent changes the depth chart to place players intentionally out of position...then give the loss and disco to the offending player instead...you'd see people stop the nonsense if they could not get anywhere with it...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

^^^I see that you agree with me, but that is not the way to put an end to that kind of stuff. Im sick of seeing people make money by exploiting the game like that. The simple solution is to make it so that sprinting backwards with the QB at the snap and then throwing means a TERRIBLE pass. Why do you think QBs never do that in real life? Because its impossible to be accurate like that. Also, make the defense react much better and more aggressively to someone user catching. Make those DB's MURDER a WR trying to make a jumping catch in their face. DBs in the real NFL are instinctive animals that ALWAYS make WRs pay for exposing their body like that.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

this thread, and the one about playing a safety at linebacker, is kinda giving the impression weight still doesn't play a factor, and that the o-line blocking might not be solved
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #22
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
This has become the cheap new thing to do on defense. You come out in the dollar formation. but use the "quarter" package. Using this package puts your starting SS as your MLB.

What people are doing is putting their fastest DB as their starting SS, then audibling down from dollar to a formation with 4 down linemen. This puts the MLB as the DE(but the MLB is actually a super fast DB). Then they spend the entire game manually rushing off the edge with the DB and dropping 8-9 guys into coverage.

Just the newest tactic in the long line of gutless cheap things like this. There has to be a way to make this impossible and I hope Madden 10 does it...PLEASE!!
I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. This is why: the game should emulate what would happen to that player if he was indeed put at DE.

There is a reason those guys do not play on the line. They would last a few plays at most, and get absolutely killed. They would be begging their coach to play centerfield safety for the rest of their lives.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 52

We have removed the package from the game to disallow this from happening.

We are confident that the changes we have made so far this year would make this a non-factor anyway (as Donny alluded to above), but having a DB at DE just isn't football anyway so why let there be a strange workaround to let it happen.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

We are confident that the changes we have made so far this year would make this a non-factor anyway
awesome to hear

does this mean weight plays a factor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »