Home

Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE

This is a discussion on Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

When the game is made right, and the interactions are right, it will stop. A problem in 08 was people would call 3 downlinemen sets with a MLB blitzing and pinch and crash the D-line. This way you had 4 players [3line and MLB] facing both guards and the center. A 4 on 3 matchup means the D should win, right? In Madden 08 it does. in real life, and in Madden 09 you just call slide protect in and now all 5 linemen pinch and it is really 5 on 4 and the O-line should win. Funny how players who did this in 08 and called it "realistic" and "tactical" don't do it in 09 huh?
Oh man that was great, wasn't it? And their defense always was 'ITS NOT CHEESE, YOU CAN DEFEND IT EASILY'. Yea, by going in shotgun and sending a WR/RB in motion every single play. Yea, real strategy there, thats how they do it in the NFL right? 5 linemen can't figure out how to stop 3 rushing defenders? Every single play? Yep, same guys who consider the curl route on every play to be legit NFL strategy this season.

Its not even that this garbage works. Its the guys who consider it Real Strategy. YES, I KNOW blitzing 4 guys up the middle will work. BUT NOT EVERY TIME! Once a team catches on, they would eat their opponet apart. But, good ol Madden, where the same 3 tactics work all game long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We have removed the package from the game to disallow this from happening.

We are confident that the changes we have made so far this year would make this a non-factor anyway (as Donny alluded to above), but having a DB at DE just isn't football anyway so why let there be a strange workaround to let it happen.
the problem seems to come from people picking a dollar/dime THEN audibling to a 4-3 defense to have 2 of the 3 cbs become outside lbs

speed kills in the 'other maddens'
maybe a way to NOT audible into a different set would overcome this

ive never seen an nfl team come out in a dime, then audible into a 4-3.
they may change their coverage assignments or blitz someone, but NEVER go from 4-3 to a dime

and are we going to have hot audibles?
madden 06 had this
meaning on the play call screen you click R3 then you can make any play on the screen an audible.
so every play you can have 5 new audibles to pick and not 5 'universal audibles' as it is now.
i think it was labled 'on the fly audibles' for madden 06 on reg xbox
Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
seventh, torn ACL the first play of the game after subbing the CB in at DE. Boom. Roasted. You will never do that clown move again, unless you are some sicko that gets a kick out of injuries. If you put in the fourth string CB at DE in replacement of your first torn ACL CB, boom, first play, roasted. Another torn ACL. Over and over.

Huh.............yeah.............I like this idea better .

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #28
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
seventh, torn ACL the first play of the game after subbing the CB in at DE. Boom. Roasted. You will never do that clown move again, unless you are some sicko that gets a kick out of injuries. If you put in the fourth string CB at DE in replacement of your first torn ACL CB, boom, first play, roasted. Another torn ACL. Over and over.
Dizzam! Donny's on a mission to stop cheeze. I LIKE IT!

Also seems on a mission to tear out people's ACL. No broken legs or concussions, just shredded knee ligaments as far as the eye can see...
Old 04-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We have removed the package from the game to disallow this from happening.

We are confident that the changes we have made so far this year would make this a non-factor anyway (as Donny alluded to above), but having a DB at DE just isn't football anyway so why let there be a strange workaround to let it happen.
I think its important to test it out though. Package or not, I'm confident people will find a way to do it and that's fine if they do it, but it should be a huge disadvantage to doing it.

Firstly on a run play the DB should basically get destroyed by the lineman 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of the time.

On pass rush play the DB should get destroyed by the lineman 99.99999999999999% of the time.

Does Madden currently use Weight at all in deciding who wins a battle or is it 100% ratings?
Old 04-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wow, the responsiveness you have shown to this Mr. Moore is truly incredible. Thanks again. One more thing, I believe people can get the DB at DE too by audibling down out of the Quarter Formation. People also ALWAYS take quarter and dime sets and audible to GOALLINE!!! If you want to know about an annoying defense..THATS IT!!!! They'll spend the entire game audibling to goalline and find ways to have heat on you super quick because of the DBs on the line of scrimmage.

I am telling you with 100% confidence that people DEDICATE THEIR LIVES to finding things like this to avoid having to think during a game. They take pride in the fact that they can be successfull in Madden while operating outside the boundaries of conventional football. With the changes you guys are making, I hope you metephorically rip their hearts out and shoot them with your eye laser.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:

Really? This may be (if true) THEE best announcement YET!! I REALLY hope it is so. Think about it. The little guy would hurt himself IRL so why not in the game? I just want Cheeze tactics and cheeze players to be PUNISHED for foolishness. I take my loses, but i hate being Cheezed/Exploited out of a win.

Please be true...Please be true...Please be....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Really? This may be (if true) THEE best announcement YET!! I REALLY hope it is so. Think about it. The little guy would hurt himself IRL so why not in the game? I just want Cheeze tactics and cheeze players to be PUNISHED for foolishness. I take my loses, but i hate being Cheezed/Exploited out of a win.

Please be true...Please be true...Please be....
Oh come on obviously he was joking. Where is the realism in that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »