Home

I Can't Stress This Enough" PLEASE BRING BACK MAN LOCK ON OR OFF

This is a discussion on I Can't Stress This Enough" PLEASE BRING BACK MAN LOCK ON OR OFF within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
I Can't Stress This Enough" PLEASE BRING BACK MAN LOCK ON OR OFF

The ability to not let the offense read man or zone coverage is IMPERITIVE to be able to play good defense.

As it is with Madden currently, you CANNOT EVER disguise man or zone coverage. This is because there is no man lock on/off option like there was on ps2. Having this on ps2 allowed you to make any man d look just like a zone to the offense, and any zone d like man. Turning man lock off literally froze your defense, so that they didnt move when someone tried to motion a guy to read man/zone.

People have been exploiting this all year by motioning guys out towards the sidelines and snapping the ball. Zone defense in Madden 09 NEVER EVER EVER follows a motioned WR out until its too late, and the WR is WIDE open for a quick pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I Can't Stress This Enough" PLEASE BRING BACK MAN LOCK ON OR OFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
The ability to not let the offense read man or zone coverage is IMPERITIVE to be able to play good defense.

As it is with Madden currently, you CANNOT EVER disguise man or zone coverage. This is because there is no man lock on/off option like there was on ps2. Having this on ps2 allowed you to make any man d look just like a zone to the offense, and any zone d like man. Turning man lock off literally froze your defense, so that they didnt move when someone tried to motion a guy to read man/zone.

People have been exploiting this all year by motioning guys out towards the sidelines and snapping the ball. Zone defense in Madden 09 NEVER EVER EVER follows a motioned WR out until its too late, and the WR is WIDE open for a quick pass.
YES! I've missed that since '06.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

I always thought the Align Defense defensive audible, froze the DB's.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
Rookie

BuzzKardzrool's Arena

OVR: 7

Excuse me. This is completely off-topic, I'm new here and just need to get someone's attention. Can someone please add me as a friend or talk to me through PM's. I'm having a lot of technical trouble and don't know where to start. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I always thought the Align Defense defensive audible, froze the DB's.
Nah, that only freezes the LBs. The CBs will always move with a motioned WR vs man, and stay on their own side of the field in zone. If someone comes out in a twin WR formation, your CBs ALWAYS line up over the twin WRs, and that immediately tells the offense theyre in man.

They need to make it so that you can either freeze the defense again so no defenders move with motion guys, and so that you can "un-freeze" the defense too, so that even guys in zone defense follow motioned WRs like its man. Thats what man lock on or off is. See what I mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »