Home

Why do we have to play the CPU after the opponent quits in online games?

This is a discussion on Why do we have to play the CPU after the opponent quits in online games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why do we have to play the CPU after the opponent quits in online games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertBrazil
agreed. don't forget to hit leave feedback, avoid - quit early.

I totally agree

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 04-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I hate that too. I hate that I have to finish it out with the cpu just to get my win. Even if it would be easy to get wins people could still look at your stats and see what your doing.

If a person had a crazy amount of wins over losses and there are hardly any stats people are going to know what you have been doing. There won't be any real stats to look at.

This should definitely be fixed and you shouldn't have to play the cpu for any reason.

I am all for this please fix this EA

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 04-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Well, they need to fix it, in the "other" football game, ifyou try to get say 100 free wins fast and easy, you dont really climb up the ranking ladder. You will have an awesome record, but you dont move up. People know who the cheaters are. Besides they dont even play anyone, theyjust want a 100-0 record. I think they keep track of it with the amount of time you play. I am sure with all the money EA has, they can figure it out. Its being lazy on developers part.

They shouldnt punish the other people for a few bad seeds. Thats just horrible horrible horrible.
I still say throw out the Wins and Losses and use a points system like Street Fighter does.

You start out at 0. If you beat someone who is ranked higher than you then you gain points and they lose points. If you beat someone that is ranked equal to you then you get minimum points.

If you beat someone that is ranked lower than you then you get probably nothing.

That's the way it should work. You can keep track of Wins and Losses but they should play no role in your rank.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Well, they need to fix it, in the "other" football game, ifyou try to get say 100 free wins fast and easy, you dont really climb up the ranking ladder. You will have an awesome record, but you dont move up. People know who the cheaters are. Besides they dont even play anyone, theyjust want a 100-0 record. I think they keep track of it with the amount of time you play. I am sure with all the money EA has, they can figure it out. Its being lazy on developers part.

They shouldnt punish the other people for a few bad seeds. Thats just horrible horrible horrible.

Exactly. Terrible.
EA, please fix this.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
If it is ranked play you should not have to play the CPU when the user quits but you should not be able to pick who you play against either (it should be random). That is how it is in NHL 09.
I would like to place against my friends in rank games.. One of the worst thing about NBA 2K9 was they took away the lobbies and you couldn't play against friends in rank games.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Totally agree, I don't think I had any wins, besides a few accept mercies, where I actually played the other guy for more than 2 quarters. It's extremely boring to play against the CPU in such situations, when I should just get a win or be able to offer it mercy. Even worse, was the time in 06 or 07 (on last generation), where I was winning with my extremely low rated Titans, the other guy quits, and I precede to lose to the CPU. Worst online experience of my life.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #15
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
I can't tell you guys how many times I've stopped my opponent twice on defense in the 1st quarter on his own 30, he goes for it on fourth down, doesn't get it, and quits. And to earn my win, I have to play the CPU. I play online so I can play other humans, not the computer. If the user on the other end quits, I think I should just get a win, and be redirected to the main menu to find somebody else to play. I hate it when people quit in the first quarter and I'm forced to play the CPU. Fix this please EA.

at least add the Super Sim option for Madden 10 plz.....off topic and get online weather like NCAA plz....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10

why must we suffer from cheesers and quitters!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »