Home

Why do we have to play the CPU after the opponent quits in online games?

This is a discussion on Why do we have to play the CPU after the opponent quits in online games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why do we have to play the CPU after the opponent quits in online games?

Man I always wished EA would do away with this. Maybe have it to where you had to play two quarter against the computer. I hate when someone quits in the 1st quarter and you have to play the rest of the game against the cp.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

The other side of this is... why do you have to play against the computer? You can do that off-line...

If I go on-line, I'm just there to play someone with a pulse... if they quit, then screw it, I'll quit too and find another game. Your On-line record means absolutely NOTHING! Your there to play real humans, not waste your time playing the CPU...
Old 04-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #19

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
The other side of this is... why do you have to play against the computer? You can do that off-line...

If I go on-line, I'm just there to play someone with a pulse... if they quit, then screw it, I'll quit too and find another game. Your On-line record means absolutely NOTHING! Your there to play real humans, not waste your time playing the CPU...
My online record means something to me. If someone quits thats just a easy win for me. But Although I hate quiters when I go into a ranked game I'm in there to get a win to my record and the game means more, so there less likely to quit early or at all. I love having close games and good competition to play but I like having a good record also.

But thats just my opinion.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12;
I play online so I can play other humans, not the computer.

I second this. I can compete with the CPU, but would rather not. The CPU messes up my game. They play unrealistic which makes my users game suffer.

If the CPU is down big, 14-0, all of a sudden whoever the QB is becomes Joe Montana with 6 sets of eyes. How does the CPU QB look at every WR at the same time? Ever seen the QB start to run, then see a WR on the other side of field (behind him), jump throw a perfect pass to a guarded WR. Anyway -

NCAA 09 nailed this problem with Super-Sim. You can control-sim your team to victory, or just play OFF or DEF.

Only problem was if they Mass Subbed out ur Starters during a play you simmed, there was no way to put them back in. Easy fix, play all Extra Points and kick-offs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »