Home

We covered everything from Gameplay,franchise,PA,hand towels....what about Online?

This is a discussion on We covered everything from Gameplay,franchise,PA,hand towels....what about Online? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: We covered everything from Gameplay,franchise,PA,hand towels....what about Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Because online sports gaming sucks . I respect online franchise though. Hey I didn't bring anything up, I just co-signed dude's post.
LOL....

Online franchise would make online play meaningful as YOU select who you play and under YOUR set of rules.

Online by itself is a JOKE, and i think EA sees it that way as well. Maybe, IDK.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: We covered everything from Gameplay,franchise,PA,hand towels....what about Online

Online is the future. EA knows it.

Story Here:

Quote:
EA Sports says users have played 500 million online matches in games under its label since June 2008 -- and that gamers currently play over 2.2 million EA Sports games online every day.
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=23325

Last edited by bang911; 04-22-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think fair play is a must. My Madden 09 online experience consisted almost entirely of me shutting down the run the first three downs, and on the forth, they'd scramble outside the pocket, back up 15 yards, and wait until their primary receiver, usually Moss or T.O. magically ran 20 yards past the man I had covering them, and then rocket them the ball for a huge completion.

I could usually keep up with a solid run game and high precision passing, but eventually, they'd almost always get a lucky break, on what should be very low percentage plays.

Basically what the game needs in fair play and meaningful player feedback. And a simulation mode would be great.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I think online play is extremely overrated. I use to wonder where all the complaints came from regarding glitches and what have you. After further study(like its that deep, lol), I found out that people are seeing this **** online constantly and then getting disgruntled with Madden.

I guess thats why I still love Madden to death, I never have and dont have ANY plans of playin that **** online with a bunch of cornball *** motha****as. Other than the OCCASIONAL super qb and speed up catch, I dont see glitches. As far as I'm concerned they can polish it up a bit for the folks that really want it, but I dont think they should make it a priority.

I can then see why you love madden more than me. Avoiding online games diminishes half of the BS wrong with madden. So instead you are only dealing with 50% of the trash. I on the other hand am dealing with a greater percentage of trash. Because I play Franchise, Ranked/Unranked On-line and well……. everything.

I guess staying in the shadows and not venturing online is safer..... But a damn shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Because the online community OVERALL is a joke and i dont think even EA takes online play seriously. leagues are generic at best. WHY? 95% of the community does not want realism, they want fast paced head to head ARCADE play.

Why should online get more attention. For the most part it is just a gathering of FOOLS who know NOTHING about football and could care less what stadium or what uniform they cheeze you in.

Online franchise is a HUGE key to making online play FUN and realistic at the same time. You set the rules. they dont follow them...Boot them out and bring in someone else. You have the freedom to use YOUR set of difficulty settings etc. There are the features you are looking for.

But if your hoping ONLINE ouside of franchise is gonna get that stuff back...I think you will be disappointed.

Make sense?
So because 95% of the community as you say is a joke the other 5% should be ignored? Is this truly enough justification for our online requests to be ignored? I think not.

I enjoy testing my skills against other opponents online. I enjoy a good competitive SIM experience. Believe it or not but online gaming is the future. Playing against another human online is indeed more challenging than playing against the CPU. How can playing the CPU be fun after the 100th time? Don't you want a challenge? Playing online should feel more like a chess match. Putting your football knowledge to the test against another SIM player. When you come up on top it is a great feeling. Just because 95% of you enjoy staring at replays and playing against the CPU for a good "challenge" does not mean our request are ineffectual in comparison to yours.

Fixing the game play indeed is a step in the right direction to fixing many of our online concerns. I am not discounting that. Game-play is vital to me. More vital to me than hand towels, facemasks and the size of the football. Forcing me to play online franchise is not the right answer either. I should have the freedom to play what-ever online option I want. >>

I agree with the majority of your comments towards the online community SAINT401. Ignoring ranked/unranked online and just sweeping our concerns under the rug is wrong. This is where you and I disagree. I hope EA does not have this in-common with you.

I am sure this makes sense.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?

Last edited by l NErd l; 04-22-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l NErd l
I can then see why you love madden more than me. Avoiding online games diminishes half of the BS wrong with madden. So instead you are only dealing with 50% of the trash. I on the other hand am dealing with a greater percentage of trash. Because I play Franchise, Ranked/Unranked On-line and well……. everything.

I guess staying in the shadows and not venturing online is safer..... But a damn shame.

So because 95% of the community as you say is a joke the other 5% should be ignored? Is this truly enough justification for our online requests to be ignored? I think not.

I enjoy testing my skills against other opponents online. I enjoy a good competitive SIM experience. Believe it or not but online gaming is the future. Playing against another human online is indeed more challenging than playing against the CPU. How can playing the CPU be fun after the 100th time? Don't you want a challenge? Playing online should feel more like a chess match. Putting your football knowledge to the test against another SIM player. When you come up on top it is a great feeling. Just because 95% of you enjoy staring at replays and playing against the CPU for a good "challenge" does not mean our request are ineffectual in comparison to yours.

Fixing the game play indeed is a step in the right direction to fixing many of our online concerns. I am not discounting that. Game-play is vital to me. More vital to me than hand towels, facemasks and the size of the football. Forcing me to play online franchise is not the right answer either. I should have the freedom to play what-ever online option I want. >>

I agree with the majority of your comments towards the online community SAINT401. Ignoring ranked/unranked online and just sweeping our concerns under the rug is wrong. This is where you and I disagree. I hope EA does not have this in-common with you.

I am sure this makes sense.

A shame? lol. Nahh, its not that bad man. I've played many games online, I just dont do sports online. Well, except for FightNight.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #30
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

i hope they do something with online, cause all i do is play online with my people and random other people. franchise is garbage after 2 games cause every game feels the same and the computer becomes very predictable. online every game feels different cause you can never predict your opponents actions.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #31

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I play 95% of my games online and ever since Madden 2004 things have been going downhill for the online portion of Madden.

Back in Madden 2004 Users were able to do the following in online games...

-Play 5 to 15 minute ranked games
-Choose weather
-Choose wind
-Choose stadium with classic stadiums available
-Choose jerseys
-Able to see who was playing who, what quarter, and time left in the game

Most of that stuff we can't do now and it is very aggravating to us online players. Each year I ask for the devs to give us the OPTION of having those things in future maddens but its always "AHH we will see about it next year".

What I don't understand is why most of that was taking out of the online portion of the game. NOONE complained about any of the above so why take it out? I had people scared to play me in the Germany stadium back in 2004 lol.

We still don't have fully functional online leagues with Full player stat tracking. We've seen the same ole same ole in regards to the online aspect of Madden for the past 5 years. Lets see something innovative for a change regarding online.

I know its probably to late now but SPICE THINGS UP FOR GOODNESS SAKE...lol

Im done...
I agree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 9

DJ is right...
-Play 5 to 15 minute ranked games
-Choose weather
-Choose wind
-Choose stadium with classic stadiums available
-Choose jerseys
-Able to see who was playing who, what quarter, and time left in the game

ALL of those things were in the game on PS2 back in 2003...when they started taking them out - around the time of the Dodge sponsorship for online play starting with Madden NFL 2005 on PS2...I have begged, pleaded and needled people at EA about this at Community Day for Madden NFL 2007, 2008 and 2009...and if it is not in 2010 I will be sickened once again...

The idea is NOT that online players like DJ or myself are asking for NEW features...simply a return to the OPTIONS that were once available to all online players.

In addition to the ideas that come straight out of DJ's OP, I have always wanted to have unranked games tracked for stats and a return of the e-mailing of not just team stats but also individual player stats as well. Throw in a rating system for players similar to E-Bay (where you declare your game style in your profile and then get rated 1-5 against that style after every game) and I would be happy...

Last edited by Moostache; 04-22-2009 at 09:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »