Home

A fun fact on EA and Visual Concepts

This is a discussion on A fun fact on EA and Visual Concepts within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #57
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: A fun fact on EA and Visual Concepts

Anybody remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FMpKZEsWa0
Old 04-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
So 96 was garbage huh? I chalk that up as VC was getting their feet wet with their first football title and didnt come through. They were probably plotting and scheming the whole time after that first release to dethrone EA. I cant lie, they came back with a vengeance in 2005 and pretty much took the title.

I enjoyed both Madden and 2k that year though. I'm sure that VC noticed EA always came up short on the presentation side and so that was why they had a major focus on the presentation during development of 2k5.

VC developers was like "yea we got something for EAs monkey asses this year"(2005), lol.

I think tiburon is about to lock it up for good this year though. Its a done deal. After this year, even if competition arises from somewhere else, tiburons gonna smash em from here on out. Mark them words.

9 years in the video game industry is like 50 years to the rest of us, especially from 1996-2004. VC was a nothing of a company at that time, they are lucky they got bought by Sega, otherwise they would have been bought and sold and changed names a dozen times already. Think about all the little companies Activision bought up back then. I would imagine the majority of the staff changed 10 times over from 1996-2004.

People act as if VC and Tiburon are a couple of buddies who run the business out of their garage.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
So 96 was garbage huh? I chalk that up as VC was getting their feet wet with their first football title and didnt come through.
Actually, VC made numerous Madden games on the SNES console so it wasn't their first football game.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
LOL I DO remember this! My gosh it cracked me up then and it's just as hilarious now! Good find man! Man back in the day I remembered the debates about what game to buy, which features beat the other game... I loved that.

2k5 vs Madden 05 was a tough choice. Both games were awesome. I ended up buying both and enjoying both. Both games brought great memories.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
ahahhaha great stuff I remember this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
And Visual Concepts only out did Madden one year...

NFL 2K5

so in this 10 year range, his decision went 1 for 10...

Good choice?

NFL 2K5 has been better then every Madden game ever released on any console TO DATE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »