Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Banned
 
OVR: 89
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 765
Blog Entries: 66
Whats the Chances of?

One of my favorite football engines is the Madden 07-09 for PS2. Simulates way more realism then the PS3 Engine...

Alot of my friends feel the same way... The PS3 engine is just too choppy and defensive over speed is fake... And the field is unrealistically shorter in width...

Also Creating your own plays on PS2 is the BEST FEATURE EVER

So whats the chances of this engine being upgraded to PS3/360 with new player and field models?
FootballSchemer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Banned
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Ocean State
Re: Whats the Chances of?

It IS the same engine. Only diference now is that is is optimized for the 360/Ps3. They didnt build it from the ground up.

What you WANT is exactly what you HAVE.

The Bigger question is.....Why CANT they just put in all those things? Especially now with better hardware/software. Thats the 20Million dollar question.
SA1NT401 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: Whats the Chances of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
It IS the same engine. Only diference now is that is is optimized for the 360/Ps3. They didnt build it from the ground up.

What you WANT is exactly what you HAVE.

The Bigger question is.....Why CANT they just put in all those things? Especially now with better hardware/software. Thats the 20Million dollar question.
I would love for Ian or someone to chime in on this, because I don't see any way that this is the same engine. No one in their right mind would port a PS2 engine over to the PS3... NG Madden is built from the ground up, it just has to be, I would be SHOCKED if it wasn't.

To suggest that PS2 Madden and PS3 Madden share the same engine tells me that you have not played enough PS2 Madden. These are two COMPLETELY different games, period.
CapnKill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: Whats the Chances of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
One of my favorite football engines is the Madden 07-09 for PS2. Simulates way more realism then the PS3 Engine...

Alot of my friends feel the same way... The PS3 engine is just too choppy and defensive over speed is fake... And the field is unrealistically shorter in width...

Also Creating your own plays on PS2 is the BEST FEATURE EVER

So whats the chances of this engine being upgraded to PS3/360 with new player and field models?
What you want is the Wii. That is PS2 Madden engine on a next gen system...
CapnKill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 89
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 765
Blog Entries: 66
Re: Whats the Chances of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
It IS the same engine. Only diference now is that is is optimized for the 360/Ps3. They didnt build it from the ground up.

What you WANT is exactly what you HAVE.

The Bigger question is.....Why CANT they just put in all those things? Especially now with better hardware/software. Thats the 20Million dollar question.
Bro not even CLOSE to being the same engine... Just look at the passing game, and the blocking problems the new madden engine has been facing the last 3 years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I would love for Ian or someone to chime in on this, because I don't see any way that this is the same engine. No one in their right mind would port a PS2 engine over to the PS3... NG Madden is built from the ground up, it just has to be, I would be SHOCKED if it wasn't.

To suggest that PS2 Madden and PS3 Madden share the same engine tells me that you have not played enough PS2 Madden. These are two COMPLETELY different games, period.
Why not? There Ps3 engine SUCKS!!! Ps2 gameplay is way better so why not just keep adding and update all the graphics?
FootballSchemer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
CNFL Commissioner
 
XtremeDunkz's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,162
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Whats the Chances of?

2k ported over their ps2 engines on all of their sports games. They were tops at first but MLB went downhill fast and NBA hasn't been making very many improvements lately and will be over passed. And NHL is already far behind EA.
__________________
Mixer

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
XtremeDunkz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Pro
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FL
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Whats the Chances of?

To answer the question. Zero percent chance they do what you are asking for.

They built the NG games from the ground up, and they will not just abandon that to try and recreate the old gen versions of these games.

Last gen games play great, but they have practically maxed out their potential with those engines. The new engines have a lot more capability, they have just had a lot of issues making the improvements to the game each year.
bang911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: Whats the Chances of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
Bro not even CLOSE to being the same engine... Just look at the passing game, and the blocking problems the new madden engine has been facing the last 3 years...

Why not? There Ps3 engine SUCKS!!! Ps2 gameplay is way better so why not just keep adding and update all the graphics?
That's what the Wii version is.

The reason you don't do it is because its too difficult. You can't just upgrade the graphics, its not as easy as that. If you just port the PS2 game you'll never reach the PS3s full potential.

I don't think the PS3 engine sucks. The game sucks but not the Engine it is built upon, if anything the graphcis on the Ps3 look pretty damn good IMO... its how the physics were implemented that sucks... that's not the engines fault (unless it was so poorly designed that it makes working on it a pain). An engine is just a world, how you build stuff in that world is the most important thing.

I would venture as far as saying that its easier to start from scratch on a new system than to port over from the PS2 and try to get equivalent results.

I completely agree with you that the PS2 game is great, and that it has many fantastic features that I would love to see in the NG game... but porting the entire game over is NOT the answer.
CapnKill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.

Top -