Home

Just a thought as i have not seen it mentioned....

This is a discussion on Just a thought as i have not seen it mentioned.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Just a thought as i have not seen it mentioned....

I like this idea. But it could present a few problems:

1) The QB. When we move around the pocket, we don't want to be fully sprinting. And if we want to scramble with our QB, we should be able to sprint up to the LOS.

2) Toss Plays. On a toss play with my HB, I almost never jam on the sprint button as soon as my HB gets the ball. I run with the direction of the play then sprint as soon as the nearest hole opens up.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

I think OVERALL it could be an easy add-in for Madden10. But i am by NO MEANS a tech guy. But it seems like actually implementing it would not be THAT hard.

Hope they will/have given it STRONG consideration. It would do WONDERS for the gameplay as a whole. Players would play to their ratings as opposed to MAGICALLY getting up to full speed in a heartbeat and then stopping on a dime. Would make players who are fast FEEL fast and not artificial as it is now.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
I like this idea. But it could present a few problems:

1) The QB. When we move around the pocket, we don't want to be fully sprinting. And if we want to scramble with our QB, we should be able to sprint up to the LOS.

2) Toss Plays. On a toss play with my HB, I almost never jam on the sprint button as soon as my HB gets the ball. I run with the direction of the play then sprint as soon as the nearest hole opens up.
Could STILL do that, but without the TURBO button (cuz that is what it is) player ratings would play more of a factor.

As it is now, just about ANY back can run a sweep with "SPRINT". With the new NON-SPRINT option, the type of back and what he can/cant do will have a bigger effect.

For example...How offen does B.Jacobs run a toss or a sweep? Not often if at all. Why? He does not have the acceleration to turn the corner reguarly. Not saying he CANT, but they have better, more suited players to run that play. As it s now, with SPRINT just about ANYONE can run the toss or sweep with good overall results. And yes, i know there are exceptions to this statement. But it is pretty accurate.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

They just need to make it so its not always beneficial to hold sprint down... cause as it stands now, I can't think of any scenario where you want to not sprint.

Also, it should be a fatigue thing, if you sprint you shoudln't be able to sprint 100% throughouth the entire play... based on your stamina naturally...

There should be two stamina stats... Sprint Stamina and General game Stamina.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
They just need to make it so its not always beneficial to hold sprint down... cause as it stands now, I can't think of any scenario where you want to not sprint.

Also, it should be a fatigue thing, if you sprint you shoudln't be able to sprint 100% throughouth the entire play... based on your stamina naturally...

There should be two stamina stats... Sprint Stamina and General game Stamina.
Good point. Makes sense. When you use sprint currently, there is NO drawback. You go 100% the ENTIRE time. No need to conserve, no need to plan when to use it especially on D. Who doesnt hold it down 95% of the time?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Good point. Makes sense. When you use sprint currently, there is NO drawback. You go 100% the ENTIRE time. No need to conserve, no need to plan when to use it especially on D. Who doesnt hold it down 95% of the time?
i'm assuming (and hoping) that with the new momentum physics for Madden 10 that there will be bigger penalties to sprinting all the time...
Old 04-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
i'm assuming (and hoping) that with the new momentum physics for Madden 10 that there will be bigger penalties to sprinting all the time...
You would think right?

I will say, i do feel a bit more confident about M10 with Ian and Co. I just pray it works out. I need me some football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah I really like how it works in NHL without a sprint button.

I think something would take a bit of getting used to in Madden but it would give more prominance to Speed and Accel ratings, and you'd really be able to tell when you've got a really fast player like you can in NHL.

I think this is deffo something to consider if not for M10 then for future Maddens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »