Home

Just a thought as i have not seen it mentioned....

This is a discussion on Just a thought as i have not seen it mentioned.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Just a thought as i have not seen it mentioned....

I don't know why the sprint button is still used. The left joystick controls everything but sprinting now. Why not just have it to where if you peg the stick in any direction your sprinting?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
I don't know why the sprint button is still used. The left joystick controls everything but sprinting now. Why not just have it to where if you peg the stick in any direction your sprinting?
Yup....

I get the feeling, we may not see it in M10 or if we do VERY different. Call it a hunch, but alot of the signs point that way with the new focus on ratings, game speed etc.....

Old 04-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #19
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Meh, I think having the sprint button is a good thing. Backs do not always run the same speed all the time. Haven't you ever heard an announcer say something along the lines of, "He got through the hole and turned the jets on" or "This guy really has another gear"?

That is how the sprint button should be used. I actually feel that removing the sprint button would remove a fairly large aspect of "sim" gaming. Players often NEED to run at varying speeds to play properly.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the Sprint, wouldn't mind if they had a on - off feature with it. But what else would you do?

As someone already stated, the QB issues would come up? When do you want him to sprint, when do you want him to drop.

And another, I think Madden is too Fast as it is... There needs to be more slower and fast movement... I think the Fast is fast enough.... but the game is not slow enough, at least the change is not.

There should be more speeds a RB can run... stopped, hesitate, jog, run, burst, sprint.... there should be different animations for those... because they all mean something different.

As a RB, when I get the ball from the QB... I hesitate (look for a whole, wait in the backfeild)... I jog to a whole (let my blockers set up, wait for the play to develop)... I run through the hole (at a good speed)... I burst into the secondary out of the whole.... make a move... theres no one in from of me... I sprint the the endzone!

It shouldn't be as it is now.... Get the Ball, SPRINT in directions till you get tackled, or SPRINT... JUKE... SPRINT SOME MORE.

ITs time to slow down the game, and get more detailed! Running, Blocking, Passing, that all gets impoved if speeds can be more drastic and controlled.

Not just Sprint, and not just not Sprint (I.E no sprint, just sprint the whole time).

There needs to be a change, a speed gauge you might say.... of speeds of 0 (stopped or walking), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (SPRINT TO THE ENDZONE like someone is chasing you!)
Old 04-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
Meh, I think having the sprint button is a good thing. Backs do not always run the same speed all the time. Haven't you ever heard an announcer say something along the lines of, "He got through the hole and turned the jets on" or "This guy really has another gear"?

That is how the sprint button should be used. I actually feel that removing the sprint button would remove a fairly large aspect of "sim" gaming. Players often NEED to run at varying speeds to play properly.
I don't think the problem is the sprint button,its the fact that there's no reason to not use the sprint button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
I like the Sprint, wouldn't mind if they had a on - off feature with it. But what else would you do?

As someone already stated, the QB issues would come up? When do you want him to sprint, when do you want him to drop.

And another, I think Madden is too Fast as it is... There needs to be more slower and fast movement... I think the Fast is fast enough.... but the game is not slow enough, at least the change is not.

There should be more speeds a RB can run... stopped, hesitate, jog, run, burst, sprint.... there should be different animations for those... because they all mean something different.

As a RB, when I get the ball from the QB... I hesitate (look for a whole, wait in the backfeild)... I jog to a whole (let my blockers set up, wait for the play to develop)... I run through the hole (at a good speed)... I burst into the secondary out of the whole.... make a move... theres no one in from of me... I sprint the the endzone!

It shouldn't be as it is now.... Get the Ball, SPRINT in directions till you get tackled, or SPRINT... JUKE... SPRINT SOME MORE.

ITs time to slow down the game, and get more detailed! Running, Blocking, Passing, that all gets impoved if speeds can be more drastic and controlled.

Not just Sprint, and not just not Sprint (I.E no sprint, just sprint the whole time).

There needs to be a change, a speed gauge you might say.... of speeds of 0 (stopped or walking), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (SPRINT TO THE ENDZONE like someone is chasing you!)
makes sense and i agree. I think what it comes down to is that we can ALL agree that the SPRINT button needs an overhaul or its own DEDICATED slider.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 04-22-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #23
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
Can't hurt to have the option to turn it off right?
Normally you would say no ,but they would have a hard time doing both.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear

That can be represented with a burst button. Something that gives a temporary boost to acceleration.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »