Home

Would you enjoy an online mode with 11 users vs 11 users (or anything similiar)?

This is a discussion on Would you enjoy an online mode with 11 users vs 11 users (or anything similiar)? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: What do you think of this online mode?
Love the idea 7 15.56%
If it can be done right, I'll enjoy it 20 44.44%
Ehhh.....nah 9 20.00%
No way, this wouldn't work 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #9
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Would you enjoy an online mode with 11 users vs 11 users (or anything similiar)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Well its not like 1 vs 1 would go away or anything like that. Not sure why you are concerned.
I'm concerned because you can't just "add" something into a video game. Something this large would take up three important things:
1) Time, 2) Disc Space, and 3) Money.

I'm concerned because I would rather they spend their time, disc space, and money on improving gameplay and franchise.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #10
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Would you enjoy an online mode with 11 users vs 11 users (or anything similiar)?

Well we couldn't do 11 vs 11.....Who would wanna play LT or C for a whole game? I'd like it if it was only skill positions.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm not sure 11 vs. 11 would work well. A few issues I see:

1) It would be tought actually getting nearly that many people together. At least, getting a group of people you want to play with together.

2) The line play probably wouldn't be incredibly thrilling for most people.

3) The fact that plays would be so integral to the experience, unlike similar modes in hockey or basketball games. Who'd get to call plays, would certain people really be willing to run 5-yard-outs if that was what the play called, etc.

4) There's only one ball. A WR is productive if he touches the ball 10 times in a 60-minute game. For 90% of the game, receivers would be watching the QB or the RB play.

I love the idea for basketball and hockey games, I don't really like the idea for football or baseball games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

No.

I hope EA doesnt even waste time trying to do anything like this.

I guarantee most people dont want to play OLine. Even if you include expanded blocking controls, it wouldnt be much fun. There are some that would do it, but Im willing 90% of people mainly want to play skill positions.

Get it up to 5 vs 5. That is ideal. 11 vs 11 is not.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Na... it would be just like FIFA, you'll get those 2 or 3 guys that run and do whatever they want ruining the experience.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 24

Good point. But, I think playing with friends could be very fun. I think it would work well if it's 5 vs. 5. Allow everyone to choose their position for that particular game, but make it changeable between halfs, or something similar. And if someone leaves, just have them replaced by bots. Once the game starts, you can only hear, and chat with your team, until halftime, or until the game is over. Each position just needs to be more deep, to make it more skill based. It could work.

Last edited by LAKE4742; 04-22-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
I'm concerned because you can't just "add" something into a video game. Something this large would take up three important things:
1) Time, 2) Disc Space, and 3) Money.

I'm concerned because I would rather they spend their time, disc space, and money on improving gameplay and franchise.
Sure... I mean, someone could want colored cleats over anything else... where someone could want camera angles over anything else... priorities are different for everyone....

However, I know Ian said he wants to reach a point to where Madden will never be compared to 2k again... and ... I have to say in that regard, that I was playing on-line 5 vs 5 in 2k3... .I'm just sayin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #16
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Well we couldn't do 11 vs 11.....Who would wanna play LT or C for a whole game? I'd like it if it was only skill positions.

Only skill positions sounds right to me but problems would still arise....im TE all day

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »