Home

How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

This is a discussion on How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside ) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #9
Rookie
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

It would of been better if it also showed how the QB has to set up to throw after scrambling or how he adjust his body when making throws across field, against his body, etc. Either way one of the things I enjoyed about APF.

*Wonders if any of the selected 8 saw things like this in the alpha build of '10*
Hotlanta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
9.17.13
 
SouthernBrick's Arena
 
OVR: 42
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Not even on the map. Really, it isn't. =/
Posts: 5,853
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Nice vid. and breakdown.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
One out of 7 billion, and we still tagged your ***.
SouthernBrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
MVP
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Blog Entries: 6
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
It would of been better if it also showed how the QB has to set up to throw after scrambling or how he adjust his body when making throws across field, against his body, etc. Either way one of the things I enjoyed about APF.

*Wonders if any of the selected 8 saw things like this in the alpha build of '10*
I could make a video like that but this was all about QB Drops, Primary WR routes, and the pocket forming correctly.

I will make that kind of video this weekend.
__________________
Operation Sports APF 2K8 Ladder:

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
NFLHITMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #12
D* W*rk!
 
Rocky's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,890
Blog Entries: 6
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

In APF you can drop back manually, break out the QB drop, and generally do what the hell you want.

It's just not advantageous to do so. I am all having realistic drops, timing based patterns, schemes, etc. I mean, it's football 101. But I don't think human control needs to be sacrificed for it.
__________________
Quote:
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Rocky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #13
Banned
 
OVR: 89
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 765
Blog Entries: 66
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
In APF you can drop back manually, break out the QB drop, and generally do what the hell you want.

It's just not advantageous to do so. I am all having realistic drops, timing based patterns, schemes, etc. I mean, it's football 101. But I don't think human control needs to be sacrificed for it.
So your saying you want more of a video game instead of a football simulator?
FootballSchemer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #14
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

I dont see how anyone doesnt like this game
Football4lyfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #15
MVP
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Blog Entries: 6
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
I dont see how anyone doesnt like this game
Simple, They need there NFL Players, Teams, Franchise & Arcady Gameplay.

I would rather have Realistic Game Play myself. I can make my own NFL players & Teams in APF.

Don't get me wrong, If Madden 10 implements this kind of realistic game play I will be playing it every chance I get.
__________________
Operation Sports APF 2K8 Ladder:

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
NFLHITMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #16
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Simple, They need there NFL Players, Teams, Franchise & Arcady Gameplay.

I would rather have Realistic Game Play myself. I can make my own NFL players & Teams in APF.

Don't get me wrong, If Madden 10 implements this kind of realistic game play I will be playing it every chance I get.

Brothers from another mother...I guess were in the minority though we prefer great football over great name recognition.

BTW great job with the CAPs I wanna rival your 2009 Draft one's though with my own lol
Football4lyfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Top -