Home

How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

This is a discussion on How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside ) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #17
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I could make a video like that but this was all about QB Drops, Primary WR routes, and the pocket forming correctly.

I will make that kind of video this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
So your saying you want more of a video game instead of a football simulator?
Again, if you wanted a true football simulator, you would be content with just pressing a button and letting the CPU do all the algorithms to come up with a outcome based on perfect %'s. Also there is no way most of us could play a complete NFL sim.

It's a video game. A video game for entertainment. Football fundamentals are important. So is user input and control. The key is to find the right balance in creating an advantage for those who play realistically.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 04-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
Brothers from another mother...I guess were in the minority though we prefer great football over great name recognition.

BTW great job with the CAPs I wanna rival your 2009 Draft one's though with my own lol
Thanks for the compliment! My CAP List is feedback from many that play APF.

Here is our APF theme song...... Turn it up!

2K10 Football Anthem

http://www.myspace.com/2kgridironleague

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:50 AM   #19
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Looks good to me.

I'm hoping we see something very similar, with the first few M10 videos.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Beautiful Drop back, Steps to where hes throwing, looks where hes throwing, throws a pretty pass, ball go higher than 6 ft off the ground, receiver catches it in stride.

Perfect.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Simple, They need there NFL Players, Teams, Franchise & Arcady Gameplay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
I guess were in the minority though we prefer great football over great name recognition.
Come on guys. It shouldn't be too tough to not be quite so dismissive of other people's opinions.

It probably shouldn't come as a shock, but there are a lot of hardcore football fans who want realistic football who prefer Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #22
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

nice vid dude i still play APK8 all the time because of the realistic game play such as this the line is great in their blocking techniques
Old 04-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

First off great vid. Pocket really needs to form and dropback should be based off of routes.

Second, I always have to correct something so I will say this. When the QB makes his 3 step drop you say something along the lines of the tackles don't drop back as far because they don't have to protect as long. Actually the main reason they don't drop back as far has more to do with angles. If they dropped back like they do in the 5 or seven step drop it would leave a straight shot at the QB with an inside move by the DE. Other than that, awesome video.

As far as rocky's comments, I agree that the user shouldn't be penalized for controlling the drop in terms of timing. That said, if his drop doesn't match the pocket formed, which should be based on the primary route, then that should lead to possible problems.

If he runs a short 3 step drop and the olinemen form a pocket expecting a deep drop the DEs should have that easier lane making the inside move and that could lead to sack.

If he takes a deep drop when the olinemen form a pocket expecting a 3 step drop then the olinemen should be mainly looking to stop that inside move as it is the only way the DE should get there on a 3 step drop. This leaves the outside rush wide open and the tackle would probably end up pushing the DE right to the QB who he expects to be further upfield.

Also, the routes are based on this timing due to that should be matched with when the WR makes his move and gets seperation, so if you run the wrong drop then that can make you miss the chance to hit the receiver when he has his best seperation.

Due to those reasons although the user shouldn't be penalized for wanting to control the drop, they should be penalized for using the wrong drop.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm impressed with this. I've never really played APF but it looks fairly realistic. I'm wondering would this video look different with defenders? The O-line drop back to protect, yes, but if there are d-linemen and speed edge rushers jumping the snap, do they still form that perfect pocket? If so, this is exactly what madden should imitate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »