Home

How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

This is a discussion on How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside ) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
LOLOL Thats exactly what i did when i saw this vid!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
I'm impressed with this. I've never really played APF but it looks fairly realistic. I'm wondering would this video look different with defenders? The O-line drop back to protect, yes, but if there are d-linemen and speed edge rushers jumping the snap, do they still form that perfect pocket? If so, this is exactly what madden should imitate.
The pocket won't always be this perfect. Even better. Strong defenders will collapse parts of the pocket, especially if they are up against weaker linemen. Speed rushers will force tackles even further upfield as they push the edge and the tackle tries to ride them out of the play. Linemen actually help eachother out when there aren't 5 rushing, especially if there are mismatches. This is one area I think APF did extremely well and madden really needs to look at.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:37 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 13

what about run blocking? i think madden struggles more with run blocking than pass blocking. does apf do well with that?

also- i haven't read all the ea inside blog posts. has this issue been addressed yet? i know ncaa has made mention of the o-line fixes, but has ian or anyone said anything about the o-line blocking/d-line impact.

i ask mostly because as a skins fan, i want albert haynesworth to be a dominant player in the game like in real life. dt was a lackluster position last year IMO.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

No more questions...you can buy APF for as little as 3.99 go buy it and enjoy the most realistic football out on Xbox 360
Old 04-23-2009, 01:44 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
No more questions...you can buy APF for as little as 3.99 go buy it and enjoy the most realistic football out on Xbox 360
wow. thank you. for some odd reason i thought this was an open forum for discussion. my bad.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:30 AM   #30
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Simple, They need there NFL Players, Teams, Franchise & Arcady Gameplay.

I would rather have Realistic Game Play myself. I can make my own NFL players & Teams in APF.

Don't get me wrong, If Madden 10 implements this kind of realistic game play I will be playing it every chance I get.
Dude come on, you really could of done without that last part. So because I don't like APF means that I like arcady gameplay? I was a fan of 2K5, I just don't think that APF was as good.

And you're right, I want NFL players, teams, and especially a fun franchise mode. All of which were not in APF. I'm an NFL fan first and foremost, and APF was not appealing to me. You want to condemn me and call me a fan of arcady gameplay for that? Go ahead. Is the gameplay in APF better than Madden's? Absolutely! Yet the game could not hold my interest. I'm a fan of sim gameplay just as much as the next guy, but APF as a total package was not an entertaining game. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Dude come on, you really could of done without that last part. So because I don't like APF means that I like arcady gameplay? I was a fan of 2K5, I just don't think that APF was as good.

And you're right, I want NFL players, teams, and especially a fun franchise mode. All of which were not in APF. I'm an NFL fan first and foremost, and APF was not appealing to me. You want to condemn me and call me a fan of arcady gameplay for that? Go ahead. Is the gameplay in APF better than Madden's? Absolutely! Yet the game could not hold my interest. I'm a fan of sim gameplay just as much as the next guy, but APF as a total package was not an entertaining game. Just my 2 cents.
I am not condemning anyone.
I want Madden 10 to be GREAT!
I want Madden 10 to look Next Gen.
I want Madden 10 to surpass any football game that has ever come out.
I want to use NFL teams, Players, and Franchise mode with a game that looks and plays like a next gen Football Simulator.

For some people who said there was no replay value of APF there is still people playing in leagues and more 2 years later. There are leagues that are created like a Franchise mode and more. I won't get in to that because I am posting this stuff for demo purposes to use as a comparison to Madden 10. Ian posted a video of a guy doing mo cap for a QB drop so I was posting what a Pocket and a QB drop could look like in a video football game.

Sorry if I offended you

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 04:52 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
It would of been better if it also showed how the QB has to set up to throw after scrambling or how he adjust his body when making throws across field, against his body, etc. Either way one of the things I enjoyed about APF.

*Wonders if any of the selected 8 saw things like this in the alpha build of '10*
Here is that Video.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
what about run blocking? i think madden struggles more with run blocking than pass blocking. does apf do well with that?

also- i haven't read all the ea inside blog posts. has this issue been addressed yet? i know ncaa has made mention of the o-line fixes, but has ian or anyone said anything about the o-line blocking/d-line impact.

i ask mostly because as a skins fan, i want albert haynesworth to be a dominant player in the game like in real life. dt was a lackluster position last year IMO.
Here is the video you asked for.....

Hope this is what you guys asked for

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »