Home

How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

This is a discussion on How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside ) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How the QB Drop should work in Madden 10 ( Video inside )

^^^^^^

That is what I want to see in Madden 10!!!! Thank you.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #34
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
I'm all for an auto drop based on the primary receiver's route. I've even suggested giving a big accuracy boost right at the end of the drop on a pass to the primary receiver to encourage people to perform the drop and hit their receiver with the right timing. It would also place more importance on a good pre-snap read, figuring out who the primary receiver should be based on what you see.

What I don't want is to be forced to do the drop, though. If I'm forced to do 3 steps, 5 steps, whatever, I don't like it. I can forsee rare problems, but furthermore I just don't like not being in control.
Agreed. BIG difference between AUTO drop back and FORCED drop back.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 AM   #35
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
I'm impressed with this. I've never really played APF but it looks fairly realistic. I'm wondering would this video look different with defenders? The O-line drop back to protect, yes, but if there are d-linemen and speed edge rushers jumping the snap, do they still form that perfect pocket? If so, this is exactly what madden should imitate.
If you pull back past your pocket, the DE's will track your QB and make for an easy sack, and the Tackles will stay in their normal position, expecting you to be in the pocket, so you are typically penalized with an easy sack if you immediately run out of the pocket. Once the OLine / DLine engage, at that point you can safely exit the pocket. (unless it's a called Roll Out Play or bootleg of course)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #36
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
For some people who said there was no replay value of APF there is still people playing in leagues and more 2 years later. There are leagues that are created like a Franchise mode and more. I won't get in to that because I am posting this stuff for demo purposes to use as a comparison to Madden 10. Ian posted a video of a guy doing mo cap for a QB drop so I was posting what a Pocket and a QB drop could look like in a video football game.
A little OT here, but I read somewhere once that only about 10% of people play their games online competitively. That means the other 90% of gamers buy games to play offline. Predictably, you're going to hear more from the online players... well, online. Reality is most people want / need a franchise mode in order for the game to have replay value so many people view APF as having no replay value, and justifiably from their viewpoint.

For online gamers, APF2K8 has amazing replay value though. TONS of replay value by creating different teams via different strategies, great online leagues and tournament support as well. For hard core online gamers, you really do owe it to yourself to drop $5 on the game, and play online. It really is the best simulation football sports game to date. I have read, indirectly, that even 'ole Ian is a fan of the game.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
For some people who said there was no replay value of APF there is still people playing in leagues and more 2 years later.
People say this because most people who buy these games--contrary to the serious online players desire to believe--don't play online regularly if at all, and since playing online would be the only real replay value, being a serious offline player leaves them with no options.

As for the new dropbacks in Madden, you saw and read some of it in a video Ian posted back in the Winter where he was showing some he was working on. I can tell you for certain having played it, that you shouldn't be disappointed. At least I personally thought it was pretty solid. It felt great in my opinion and it, in part, really changes the very dynamic of Madden. Just that one thing makes a big difference.

Again about how Ian talked about layered blending and how it works for when QB's get hit while throwing... This too feels great. Just more things that will surprise you when you play it.

I think with Ian and Phil and the new guys heading up critical parts, they've really started to understand how subtle things can be game-changers. At this rate, if they keep it up, this game is going to be a monster. I know at least this year it's ready to hatch and monsters can grow fast so who knows how far it will have come by release date... I think people will be pretty surprised by what they see.

There are certain images I remember from playing that I can't get out of my head and it's started to affect my enjoyment of 2K5. If the finished product maintains on that level, I'm going to be indoors a whole lot more this year.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-23-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
People say this because most people who buy these games--contrary to the serious online players desire to believe--don't play online regularly if at all, and since playing online would be the only real replay value, being a serious offline player leaves them with no options.

As for the new dropbacks in Madden, you saw and read some of it in a video Ian posted back in the Winter where he was showing some he was working on. I can tell you for certain having played it, that you shouldn't be disappointed. At least I personally thought it was pretty solid. It felt great in my opinion and it, in part, really changes the very dynamic of Madden. Just that one thing makes a big difference.

Again about how Ian talked about layered blending and how it works for when QB's get hit while throwing... This too feels great. Just more things that will surprise you when you play it.

I think with Ian and Phil and the new guys heading up critical parts, they've really started to understand how subtle things can be game-changers. At this rate, if they keep it up, this game is going to be a monster. I know at least this year it's ready to hatch and monsters can grow fast so who knows how far it will have come by release date... I think people will be pretty surprised by what they see.

There are certain images I remember from playing that I can't get out of my head and it's started to affect my enjoyment of 2K5. If the finished product maintains on that level, I'm going to be indoors a whole lot more this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

This is good to hear. Thanks for sharing the information.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

Hopefully Ian will see this thread or video and implement this into Madden10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »